June Hatch-A-Long! (Blue Ameraucanas for me!)

Up to 5 hatched out and soo many pips. My lavender orphingtons eggs have some pips it's day 21 for me for all but 10 eggs which were placed the next morning so they should have some pips tomorrow I hope .

Here are three mgb my bantam welsummer hatched out yesterday.
20170619_094655.jpg
20170617_181714.jpg

Day 17 here. I'm pretty bummed because I discovered over the weekend that one of my incubators have been running low temp of 96 degrees for about 2 weeks. Well, I don't know exactly when it got off but I do remember worrying that development in one seemed behind another. So, I spent the weekend getting back-up thermometers, adjusting temps and essentially being the biggest pain in the rear end that Brinsea has experienced. I finally talked to a tech today who tried to help me do a hard restart and recalibrate. I think it's fixed now, but with 4 days to go, it's basically too late, IMO. I'm pretty bummed and pitched 2 early deaths today. I'm down to 10 eggs in the big one. :he

Yesterday was supposed to be hatch day. I checked on my broody before coming to work tonight and saw the empty shell of one chick and heard some cheaping so I know that I have one chick so far. I didn't want to disturb momma just yet. I'll check again in the morning. So excited about my ayam cemani chicks!

My Ducks are hatching - One came yesterday one day early and he is massive all fluffed up drinking and eating and generally being a pest. The other egg pipped and he wont leave it alone. He rolled it about and we caught him tearing at the opening. A while ago I caught him standing on the other chick. We have had to make a barrier in the bator with the feed and water. He has NO patience at all. He just wants her out to play with. I am not sure if this is "normal? " Never had ducks but am worried he will hurt her. Every time she cries he is over like a shot!

My Momma Silkie with one of her six babies. The rest are under her. Of the ten eggs two were duds, one an early quitter, and one died during hatch. The rest are happily cuddling with Mom. My Silkie has wanted babies for more than three years and she sounds content to finally have them.

Attachments

• IMG_20170620_171145737.jpg
    IMG_20170620_171145737.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 13
Okay cool I've got a blue and wheaten splash that she will be bred to! Thank you!

Crossing blue to wheaten pattern will end up mixing up the colors... you want to keep the solids (blue, black, splash) breeding together and only breed wheatens together ( wheaten, blue wheaten, splash wheaten)... mixing the 2 different pattern groups will result in EE's as the patterns won't breed true... just fyi...

A friends Barred Rock laid a clutch of fertile eggs. I received 2 which I hatched by incubator , and the 1 "pic shown on my avatar" is one of them. Now they are 20 weeks old and laying Beautiful brown eggs everyday! Awesome friendly hens, I just love them. They and the rest of the flock like it when I am there to observe their daily dust bathing session! Talk about pampered pets, all 10 in my flock prefer to be hand fed, and the coop is also air conditioned on hot days, Heated slightly on cold days..... People, this makes for very happy hens! They even run to the gate when they hear my car approach!
I will say it again " having chickens is FUN FUN FUN"

Back
Top Bottom