June Hatch-A-Long

with friday being holiday maybe it will take 8 mail days to get my chicks. :thumbsup Chicks mind you not eggs.

I've never ordered mail order chicks but I thought they were supposed to be overnight shipping? Is that not how they do it? Can't chicks only survive for up to 3 days after hatch?? What an I missing? Lol

with friday being holiday maybe it will take 8 mail days to get my chicks. :thumbsup Chicks mind you not eggs.

You have between 3-7 days to ship a package after the label is created (depending on what shipping method is being used). There can also be a 24 hour lag (sometimes 48) on USPS updates in their system. Being an overnight item, you may actually receive the package before the system actually updates. I remember when I ordered my ducks last year the tracking was way off and I was panicking they were not going to get here in time...but then I got a call from my post office when it showed they hadn't even left yet.

I will not put anyone's mind at ease with shipped birds this year. My ducks came from Southern California and I am in southwest WA state. Took 4 days and half of them expired in the mail. The other half are doing great and growing well. First time I have shipped baby birds. I think that Meyer's is in OH and maybe it will be an easier shipping route without so much heat? Should go better than my ducks.

I will not put anyone's mind at ease with shipped birds this year. My ducks came from Southern California and I am in southwest WA state. Took 4 days and half of them expired in the mail. The other half are doing great and growing well. First time I have shipped baby birds. I think that Meyer's is in OH and maybe it will be an easier shipping route without so much heat? Should go better than my ducks.
Not a good time to order chicks. I would avoid it at all cost. With everything that is going on, it’s not worth it. Ohio has had a bad time with shipping because my eggs took two extra days to get here... with knowing that there’s no way I’d do chicks.

Back
Top Bottom