JUNE - JULY HATCH-ALONG!!!!!!!

Pics
Oh gosh, I hope your peachick recovers!!! I’ve just been treating three splay legs! One with a rubber band with tape wrapped in the middle. I liked the tape better because it’s not so hard and abrasive against the inner shank... The other two were with bandaids cut in half lengthwise. Rubber band baby is doing great - I’d take the band off it I could catch the baby... One bandaid baby is doing great, bandaid is off. Last bandaid baby got the first two devices off (one rubber band, one bandaid) so I reapplied a band aid. It does seem improved but having the band come off early limits progress... Last year, I treated a duckling with vetwrap and that worked great - he got it off in two days and was normal afterwards!

http://www.urbanchickenpodcast.com/ucp-blog-025/

Best of luck that your peachick perks up!!! :fl My cup keet made it out of the cup and seems to be doing ok!!!

I'm so glad to hear your cup chick is doing well and that your splay leg treatments are on the mend as well!! I just got home from picking up some med tape and I'm going to go help out the peachick and cuddle him some more. He already seemed a tad perkier after I held him a while and gave him Nutridrench so I may just plan on doing that on and off throughout the day until I see him doing better on his own. Fortunately, the peachicks are going to live on a friend's homestead and I told her I wanted to wait a bit and make sure they were all healthy so she's not coming down until Thursday and I can always delay her if necessary....hmm, now that I'm thinking about it she's coming from a place that I drove to get hatching eggs in the past...lol, now that's just too tempting. :lau

I'm so glad to hear your cup chick is doing well and that your splay leg treatments are on the mend as well!! I just got home from picking up some med tape and I'm going to go help out the peachick and cuddle him some more. He already seemed a tad perkier after I held him a while and gave him Nutridrench so I may just plan on doing that on and off throughout the day until I see him doing better on his own. Fortunately, the peachicks are going to live on a friend's homestead and I told her I wanted to wait a bit and make sure they were all healthy so she's not coming down until Thursday and I can always delay her if necessary....hmm, now that I'm thinking about it she's coming from a place that I drove to get hatching eggs in the past...lol, now that's just too tempting. :lau
Hatching enabler!!! :gig Best of luck with your peachick, I hope it continues to perk up. Between the goslings and the peachick, you get all of the best cuddling... We are pulling for him!!!:fl:love

Hatched July 2 ..two babies ..can anyone tell me about there colors...pm if you like ty..baby araucana.

Attachments

• IMG_20190713_155443.jpg
    IMG_20190713_155443.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20190714_223953.jpg
    IMG_20190714_223953.jpg
    758.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20190713_155421.jpg
    IMG_20190713_155421.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 6
Hatched July 2 ..two babies ..can anyone tell me about there colors...pm if you like ty..baby araucana.

Aww, very cute! It's hard to say what their colors will be at the moment. With the black and white wing tips they may have some mottling or they might be straight black and the white could end up covered. I've had it go both ways with mystery chicks.

I think its shrink wrapped. It poked through the egg but unable to zip all the way around. I looked down inside and it looks dry. I peeled back some of the egg shell and was careful. But I'm afraid to go any further.. Duck keeps yawning.

Yawning is one of the signs that they're still absorbing the yolk sac but I would use a q-tip to dab a little coconut oil on the membrane to prevent it from drying out too much and it will also allow you to see if blood vessels are still receeding.

@CluckNDoodle The Isbar in our last hatch was splayed. I didn’t have any luck with the leg banding. I had better luck with the cup method... https://104homestead.com/fixing-spraddle-leg-drinking-glass/

I also did very gentle leg stretches. I adjusted how I held it as well— instead of letting it lay in my hand, I held it and let its feet touch my hand. Just enough for it to want to push off, but not enough that it could bend its legs to sit down, if that makes any sense.

Good luck, hope it starts doing better soon!

Back
Top Bottom