Just a cute pic of mama and her babies on the roost

Oohhhhh...How Sweet!!!
hugs.gif
jumpy.gif

Minnie is a good mama and she had her hands (beak and claws that is) full. This was her first hatch with a total of 10 little peeps to care for. There is one on her back that didnt show in the pic and others under her. She took great care of them and raised them to be very independent. She took them to the roost a lot earlier than I thought she would then she cut the aprons strings earlier than other hens do too. Luckily it was a large group who found comfort in hanging together and did so until I had to get rid of most of the roosters. I still have 4 from the hatch and they are very special roos. Im hoping the get along so I can keep them all.

Sometimes I get really lucky with my camera shots. Im getting a new camera as mine has been on the blink for stills for a while now. I hope to capture some pics of my most interesting roos from her brood. I'll share them when I do.
Thanks again to all who commented on my pic. I didnt know if it would even be noticed but I wanted to give something without expecting something in return...like advice or an answer to a problem.

Back
Top Bottom