Just built coop for a friend (PICS!

medtec113

Songster
9 Years
Feb 14, 2010
Alabama
I built this chicken tractor coop for some friends of mine. I'm not charging them but was curious what you guys thought it was worth?

48999_chick6.jpg

48999_chick5.jpg

48999_chick4.jpg

48999_chick3.jpg

48999_chick2.jpg

Last edited:
2011-01-25152402.jpg

2011-01-25152129.jpg

I dolled mine all up

Once I got it home..

But I think you could sell it ....for 500-600.00

I just got a huge coop for 460 from the Amish..so really dissaponted I spent what I did.. Then did a ton more work on it..etc

So just keep it reasonably priced..due to the size..the size...Now I do love it...but after so much research, when your in the 1000 dollar range..size really should matter..now that iam learning so much. But then..I love my coop too..love it ..love it..love it

Then again I had to have it on the cart, had to have the cedar siding, had to have a chimney, had to have a removable vintage window, had to have wired light, had to..had to..had to..lol

Wink wink

Last edited:
Quote:
Lol...that cracks me up..
I think u did a great job, now try and figure out how to add a slide out bottom..now that would be the bomb
And nesting box choice inside or exteriorly mounted to save client space interiorly.

I say you did an awesome job

I've looked at a lot of Craigslist ads for coops, and it seems like one this size and as cute as yours is would go for around $600. Probably a little more, because of the cart- I've never seen one on a cart out here.

Your friend is fortunate to have such a thoughtful friend as yourself.
smile.png

Great job
celebrate.gif
WRT the cart. Is this the kind you can get at Home Depot with inflatable tires?

If so a bit of a suggestion. I have three of these carts and where I live (cactus) I have a devil of a time keeping air in the tires. So i finally went to Harbor Freight and bought Solid rubber tires for them. Though the way the hub is made on the Garden cart I had to put the tires on backwards so they wouldnt rub . The Solid rubber tires are somewhat narrower. Added a few washers to take up the extra space difference on the hub too. But well worth the thirty or forty bucks spent. Makes the cart pull easier too.

Back
Top Bottom