Just cant win in this family.

Jferlisi

i dont eat chicken!!!!
9 Years
Nov 2, 2010
Menifee CA
So i have 22 chickens now, and my dad always complains when i get more. He also says i cant get an incubator, cause the hens have to do it naturally
hmm.png
and if they cant do it they dont deserve them. WELL my silkie is broodie and is sitting on 2 LF eggs. She started with 3 and one was added yesterday i believe. So when i candled them last night only 2 had growth so i took out the newly added and the EE's egg cause the yolk appears to be broken inside of it, so now she only has two. My dad comes up to me about 15 minutes ago and says why is your hen only sitting on two eggs, why didn't you stick more under her than that. First its no more, then its only this, then its no more, now its why only two...... MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!

You at least get to grow up and move out, be glad your parents even allow you to have them!

Have you thought about what you're going to do with all those chickens when it's time to move out?

i agree with sillychickken, however have you ever tried involving your dad with the chickens? it can be simple as asking whats his favorite chicken. that can at least strike interest in your father liking the chickens more and even let u buy more.

Last edited:
Half of the chickens in the coop are thiers, well 9 of 22, and im only staying here cause they want me to stay here. My sis and i are talking about moving me in there so ill just take them with me. His favorite is the SLW. We had 2 hens and a cockerel but he didn't want roosters yet we still have one whose there so we got rid of the SLW cockerel and he still complains about getting rid of him and that was like 4 months ago.

How old are you?? Seems to me that your Dad is just trying to get you to slow down a little on your chicken collecting enjoy what you have more will come soon enough about 21 days I'm thinking.

If you think that having a Dad is a problem, just imagine life without him. Mine died a long time ago, and even in all his imperfection I still miss him.

im 23, long story while im still at home, basicly i want to go to culinary school but have to wait till im 24 for the loans to go. Its not that i dont want him here or anything i just wish he would be consistent. Also i pay rent and i pay for the food for there chickens too and take care of them and everything.

Back
Top Bottom