Just ordered from My Pet Chicken!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickendude, Jan 18, 2011.

1. chickendude

chickendude Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    April 4th is the arrival date. I now have 6 Rhode Island Red hens one Silver Laced/Rhode Island Red mix hen and Roo. I am adding 1 Speckled Sussex, 1 Easter Egger, 1 Buff Orpington and 1 Barred Rock. I cant wait to get them and finally have a nice mixed flock. [​IMG]

2. Kristin.marlies

Kristin.marlies Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2011
    That is where I have gotten my chicks from in the past. They have been great! I am getting my day olds May 8th. [​IMG]. [​IMG]

3. TamiHunter

TamiHunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2009
    Saint Helens, Oregon
    Congrats!! I have 26 bantams coming on the 31st!! WHOOT!! [​IMG]
    6 Porcelains
    5 Mille Felur
    5 Silver Sebrights
    5 white Cochins
    4 red frizzle Cochins
    1 rare exotic chick

4. Chicken Lass

Chicken Lass Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2009
    My Pet Chicken is awesome! I ordered ten chicks from them last July, and they all arrived safe and sound. They are now laying eggs like crazy and are beautiful birds.

5. chickendude

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    I have heard good things about MPC. The only thing I wasn't happy about is they sold out on all of their Black Copper Marans. That is the one bird I really wanted. But oh well maybe in the future.

6. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    I hear ya! that's why i hatched out my own BCM....i had a great hatch rate and had to give more than half of them away! now i have 5, and i'm hoping to get two pullets out of them. you're getting your order from MPC at almost the exact same time i did last year! all my girls are from MPC and i love them! i would've ordered from MPC again this year, but i was too impatient and ordered from Meyer a few months ago. MPC wasn't taking orders at that time. But i think i'll be very happy with Meyer too! Have fun with your new babies!!!

7. chickendude

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    Quote:Too bad you are in NC. I would have loved to buy one from ya. I do vacation at North Topsail Island NC. Have been going there about every year for 19 years now. We love it there. Beautiful beaches!

8. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    Quote:Too bad you are in NC. I would have loved to buy one from ya. I do vacation at North Topsail Island NC. Have been going there about every year for 19 years now. We love it there. Beautiful beaches!

yeah, i'm more of a mountain person myself, but i've been living here close to the coast for 13 years now, so i've grown to love it (still a mountain girl though). and i would've loved to have sold or given you some! i will have 3 extras....but for now, they're looking like roos, i know they're only 2 weeks old though....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by