Just Ordered my first DUCKLINGS =)))

nayeli

Songster
6 Years
Jan 18, 2014
celebrate.gif

I'm so excited, not to mention impatient. I got my first pair of welsh harlequin ducks from a local breeder, it seems everyone else on my state thread did as well... so I couldn't buy any from them. One of the guys did get hatching eggs, but he had a low hatch rate and being impatient I decided to look around.

There is a hatchery in Oregon Horrelread? That I have heard has good welsh harlequins but they are far from me and I didn't want to ship ducklings that far (personal thing) and the hatchery close to me has mixed reviews, I would have no idea when I would receive my order, and the shipping was $32. I decided to check with my local feed store to see if they could order them in for me.

Tomorrow I will find out when they will get the shipment. I have to buy 6 from my local feed store which is a lot less than if I ordered from the hatchery. I also checked the price and they are on par with Horrelread? Unfortunately I am buying straight run, however out of 6 I'm hoping I can at least get 2 hens.

WH_Apr407_N141.jpg

We ordered from Holderreads and I'm hoping to get conformation of shipment in the next few weeks. We over did it a bit and got 10WH and 6 mixed runners. Hoping for a good mix as we'll only be keeping 5WH and 3IR (one drake from each breed).

@Sparklecoon Have you heard back from them at all? I heard hatcheries can take a while to fill orders so I'm not really expecting mine until June (giving them 2 months), the sooner the better of course! I will find out today though! I can't wait!

So you should have them soon! I have 2 more weeks and a couple days... we just got silkie chicks today though so its all good =)

I got my very first mallards from tractor supply. Then the second time from e fowl.com. The more I learned now all I get are rescues. It's like a pound puppy. They are wonderful and grateful. I was in awe at the post office the second time tho. . They all did great! I got vitamins to give them as soon as they got home. I'm so excited for you!!!!! It's so much fun. I spent as much time as possible with them the first six weeks. Please post pics! Would love to see them

Back
Top Bottom