Just registered for hunting course!!!

either way, it is probably a good idea to know how to safely handle a gun, whether you believe hunting is wrong or not. lets not get this thread shut down, shall we?

Good luck with the course! Remember to practice often with whatever weapon you choose too. Humans are the only critters that care about 'humanely' killing their prey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyways, personally, I find it difficult to follow along with the same pace as everyone else. I usually end up getting too bored after awhile and I end up zoning out anyways, then I don't catch the end of it. Plus, it's an hour and a half away, so I'd rather make only one trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have cleaned this thread up.

Please keep on topic which is as far as I can tell Gun Safety Related to Hunting.

If this is not your cup of tea, read elsewhere.

Using the report button and not feeding into the disruption would have saved me a lot of work.

I would appreciate it (and so would the staff) if you would just click the report button and sit on your hands.

Last edited:
clap.gif

My Bad, but I believe everybody should know about hunting fishing, proper wildlife management skills. When folks settled in michigan the estimated deer population was close to 100,000. Now a days with even more people hunting than when the area was settled (not including native americans) the deer population has flourished and grown 100 fold.

But the reason I like the idea of anybody taking hunter safety courses is of course learning to live off the land if needed, and with a slow economy like we have its a great way to supplement the normal diet and grocery bill.

Quote:
Agree! I also like the fact that it teaches people the legal and safe way.
thumbsup.gif

Growing up we once had a hunter illegally enter our property to hunt. It was very unnerving being out in the yard hearing random gunshots in the woods behind me. I started yelling at the top of my lungs that he was trespassing and told him what I was going to do if he didn't stop. Thankfully he did.

That said, hunting isn't for me, but I understand the importance of it.
smile.png

I want to take a handgun course. First I need to find one.
lol.png
I haven't fired a gun in so long it would be foolish to do it now without a course. There isn't too much good hunting around here unless you like rattlesnake, and I consider that saving my life, not hunting.
tongue.png

I applaud you for taking a class on this! So many folks just say, "I'm going to go out into the woods and find me a deer." It helps keep everybody safe and helps conservation measures as well.

Back
Top Bottom