Just reserved our puppy - link to parent's pics added!!

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
Just got off the phone with the breeder. We are second on the list for the December litter between Jax's sire and his dam's sister.
Hopefully there will be a sable or black male in the litter and that's not what the other family wants.
fl.gif

Last edited:
I would seriously urge you to reconsider getting another male. It is always easier to have an opposite sex pair. The risk of a dog fight is almost nil, and if you neuter one or the other no worries of accidental matings.

I live with 2 b.itches who cannot be together. It is not fun, and always a potentially dangerous situation.

Quote:
Well the way I've figured it, the pup will be Jax's half-brother and his cousin. That makes sense to me, seeing as how we live in Arkansas.
gig.gif

Quote:
Well the way I've figured it, the pup will be Jax's half-brother and his cousin. That makes sense to me, seeing as how we live in Arkansas.
gig.gif

yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
We've considered that, but in talking to other GSD owners (DH belongs to a GSD forum) we've been told that GSDs are an exception to the rule. The breeder himself has two breeding males (Jax's sire and their other sire) that live together in harmony and several protection GSDs that are all males together.
We seriously prefer males. That's not to say we won't fall in love with a female when the time comes.
wink.png

I have to say that the most fighting I ever had was raising a young male with an older female. I will NEVER have that again.

I preferred two males together. My labs did wonderfully. I did neuter them at 6 months though.

How would 2 female GSDs work? I already have a 4 month old female and am considering another female next year. I prefer females but if that won't work I'll consider a male.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom