Storybook Farm

Songster
Jun 5, 2015
Sugar Grove, WV
My Coop
My Coop
I am SO READY to start hatching!!!!!
7AE85570-4E74-419E-AB7D-FED650A424B6.jpeg

But, I am sitting on hands until Valentines Day, ‘cause it’s still too cold for chickies!

(I just wanted sympathy. )

(And credit. LOTS of credit for being patient and good.)

I am SO READY to start hatching!!!!!
View attachment 1248496
But, I am sitting on hands until Valentines Day, ‘cause it’s still too cold for chickies!

(I just wanted sympathy. )

(And credit. LOTS of credit for being patient and good.)
I bow to your self control. :lol: I'm about to go nuts---I haven't had chicks since last May. I'll be setting as soon as my lazy butted birds get their fannies working!

...which will probably be March... sigh. Two more months of waiting.

I know, RIGHT???

Hence, our Christmas Lights. They were not laying AT ALL until we put them up. Now, we have 2 dozen a day. Woot!

View attachment 1248507
Great idea! I'd be tempted to run lights if I weren't so scared of electricity in or around the coop.

The birds I'm waiting on are silver AMs. I got them last fall, during moult.... not a single egg from them since I got them. Lazy slackers. Even my Leghorns fell off the egg-laying list once they got frostbite; it's just my two lone PC chugging ahead with the eggies.

Last edited:
Yeah, I hear ya. Christmas lights are made to go near plastic, living, and wooden things, so I think they’re safe. On these coops pictured, they are right against plastic and have been that way for a month. They use minuscule amounts of electricity, and have done the job for ours.

Yeah, I hear ya. Christmas lights are made to go near plastic, living, and wooden things, so I think they’re safe. On these coops pictured, they are right against plastic and have been that way for a month. They use minuscule amounts of electricity, and have done the job for ours.
It's the extension cords that make me jittery. I came pretty close to burning the coop down with one once. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom