1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Just Some Things And Tips And Other Things.......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BirdBoy88, Jul 9, 2008.

1. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    I went to the feed store today to get more Starter feed for my chicks and quails and when i got home and open the bag it was full of Weebles
    ( everyone here calls them Weebles i'm not sure what the real name of the bugs are or if i'm spelling it right to start with..lol )

But it's the little black bugs so i do what i always do when i find Weebles in my chicken/chick food or Bird food.

I buy the Giant Zip Lock Bags and put all the feed or bird food in the zip lock bags and put the bags in the freezer for 24hours and 1-2-3 all the Weebles and there eggs are dead [​IMG]

I have a 1 year old Roller Pigeon Female and she is sooooooo wanting to breed but her male was killed by a hawk [​IMG]

I can't find a male for her and i Will Not let her breed with any other breed i want pure breeds

So i'm going to stop by the flea market this weekend and see if they have any.. they prolly wont like always [​IMG]

I took 2 larg white marbles and put in her nest box and she has been sitting on them for a week now she gets up every day for about 20mins to eat drink and fly then back on the marbles..lol

I didn't know baby quail eat like chickens.. i was watching my button and coturnix chicks eat and they eat a little bit of food then scratch the floor like chickens..lol see i learn something today

If anyone else would like to share anything about there pets fill free to.. maybe i'll learn more today..lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by