Just wanted to show everyone what we brought home from Waverly today

friskebluegills

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 17, 2010
Today we got up at 1:30 a.m. and went to the Waverly, IA small animal swap. It was the first time that we have went to that one and I am sure glad that we did. We live North of Madison, WI so it was a nice 4 1/2 hour car ride
ep.gif
Anyways, to make a long story short we ended up finding some beautiful Blue Laced Red Wyondottes and we were able to get my daughters each a bunny for 4H:

Here's the BLRW, i'm not a good photographer and these were taken after a 4 1/2 hour car ride. The hens are just about ready to lay and the rooster is from an April Hatch

63338_rabbits_wyondottes_008.jpg

63338_rabbits_wyondottes_007.jpg

63338_rabbits_wyondottes_006.jpg

Here are the Rabbits, I don't remember what they were called, creme something, and I guess that the person who was breeding them was #2 in the nation for them. She helped my daughter pick out the best Buck and Doe she had

63338_rabbits_wyondottes_002.jpg

63338_rabbits_wyondottes_001.jpg

63338_rabbits_wyondottes_004.jpg

Gorgeous birds and pretty bunnies!

Just keep in mind with the BLRW's, if you are breeding and hatching, since they are both splash, eventually you will loose all the blue color if you don't reintroduce blue or black into them.

Thanks, I honestly didn't know that. Honestly don't know much about color genetics, but I'll make sure to look into it
jumpy.gif

I just love to see happy children with sweet little animals! Beautiful little girl...and the BLRWs and bunnies are pretty, too!

Back
Top Bottom