Just When You THINK You're Done.....I have a BROODY! ARGH!

i know i just couldnt say no to Flo either. she has 4 eggs due in th enext day or two. crazy georgians hatching in fall...

I am 5 days from ending the hatching for the season and can't wait to put the incubators away. I thought I was done until DS got a pair of OE bantams and wanted some little ones. First batch of 3 eggs hatched yesterday and one is pipped. Next 3 due in 5 days. I'm feeling done until spring.

I know how you feel. I thought I was pretty well done too. Now I have a buff orp sitting on batch two in the last 4 months.
barnie.gif

Yeah, well, you know...
hmm.png
And Day 21 is Sept 30. At least I know that Glenda wont be trying to lay eggs while also trying to grow feathers back from her molt. However, she wont be getting the protein she was getting, either, with her reduced food intake.

Last edited:
Quote:
She looks like she could handle more than 7 eggs. If related to Suede she should be big enough for another dozen. Too bad I dont have any little eggs to send ya.
jumpy.gif

You're right about that, Dennis. I do believe she could handle a few more-she's one hefty girl, that Glenda. I just didn't have enough to give her this time around since I'm collecting BR eggs to send to someone plus my Orps are not laying much now due to their molt. One of these days, I may let you send me some guinea eggs, though.
wink.png
That is, when I really need a challenge, LOL.

Hehehe, she has yellow legs and black feathers down the outside of them. I think you're seeing the vertical line of feathers at the far left on that leg. On the right of the pic, you really just see the feathers. I didn't notice that, but you're right, it does look that way.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom