Königsberger Chicken

ScarletMeadows

Chirping
Jun 17, 2020
I recently saw a Instagram video of a Königsberger chick. This little chick was so unique, beautiful, and cute that I wanted to know more about the breed.
I can't find any information on this breed or breeders to ask questions.
Can anyone help?
Thank you in advance!

I recently saw a Instagram video of a Königsberger chick. This little chick was so unique, beautiful, and cute that I wanted to know more about the breed.
I can't find any information on this breed or breeders to ask questions.
Can anyone help?
Thank you in advance!
I found this hatchery. And this YouTube video. Otherwise, there isn't much out there about them other than a lot of meatball recipes that go by the same name. Good luck!

600px-Königsberger_Henne.jpg

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Königsberger_Henne.jpg

pretty bird.

https://www.gefluegelfreunde-framme...ertes/24-legehuhn-rassen-fuer-den-hobbyhalter
with google translate
Königsberger , bred for hobby keeping
Age at sale: approx. 12 to 18 weeks
Color: silver/gray
Egg color: brown
Laying performance: approx. 200 to 240 eggs per year
Delivery: March to August
This laying hen is the eye-catcher in your stable. This is
a calm chicken that gets along well with other
breeds. The color of the chickens varies between
light, silver and dark gray.

and from another site: (That it's a cross breed jumped out at me. It doesn't list what gets crossed.

https://0-hnsegrden--92a8r-dk.trans...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Description​

Kønigsberger is a really nice hen with beautiful silver-grey plumage. Its neck feathers are either dark gray or golden (orange). The hen's other plumage color is from dark gray to light gray shades.

Some Kønigsberger hens have yellow legs - see picture. The hen comes from Germany, where intelligent breeding has created a hen that is really productive. It's a crossbred hen. The hens weigh approx. 2.3 kg. and is referred to as a lighter hen.

Egg laying​

The hen can lay up to 290 eggs annually under optimal well-being conditions. The hen starts laying eggs when they are 20-22 weeks old. The eggs are medium to large in size and the color of the shells is light brown.

Temper​

Kønigsberger is a lively hen who is quite active in the hen house. It can typically go well with other breeds. The hen can flop onto higher objects, but is reasonably grounded.

If you don't want it to fly over the fence of the chicken coop, you typically have to make a chicken coop of approx. 1.80 cm in height. They are good garden chickens and stick to where they live. The hen is a little on her own and will therefore not be the tamest hen in a mixed flock. But it varies from individual to individual.

You will get many more links if you search for this breed using the German phrase 'huehner koenigsberger' (chickens koenigsberger). The sites will likewise be in German, but it's easy enough to run the text through a translator and the pictures, of course, are universal!

You will get many more links if you search for this breed using the German phrase 'huehner koenigsberger' (chickens koenigsberger). The sites will likewise be in German, but it's easy enough to run the text through a translator and the pictures, of course, are universal!
Thank you! I'll try that. That's a great idea

Back
Top Bottom