Pics
Is this what parenthood is like? If so, I never want to become a parent. :lau

God, this is so stressful :lau :oops:

Or maybe I am just super unorganized and major procrastinator and not cut out for this/stress myself out
Don't say I didn't warn you.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

:lau I know you did! I just didn’t think it would happen so soon :lau

My attempt at adding water to the bator failed. I found the perfect little funnel thing (actually a cake decorating tip lol) to attach to the airline tubing and add water to the bator from outside so I wouldn’t have to open it. It was genius. EXCEPT. Instead of going under into the channels, it resulted in a little puddle on the incubator cause the holes in the mesh floor I guess are too small for the water to go through to the channels underneath! :barnie So I may have to cut a hole in the floor. Or take the lid off every time.

:lau I know you did! I just didn’t think it would happen so soon :lau

My attempt at adding water to the bator failed. I found the perfect little funnel thing (actually a cake decorating tip lol) to attach to the airline tubing and add water to the bator from outside so I wouldn’t have to open it. It was genius. EXCEPT. Instead of going under into the channels, it resulted in a little puddle on the incubator cause the holes in the mesh floor I guess are too small for the water to go through to the channels underneath! :barnie So I may have to cut a hole in the floor. Or take the lid off every time.
Just open the lid.
It's not that big of a deal to open it.
Hurry up and learn what it does (the humidity level) when you add water.
You should have learned this already.:barnie

Just add a tiny amount at first and wait walk away for at least an hour.
The report back with the number your uncalibrated humidity gauge reads.

Just open the lid.
It's not that big of a deal to open it.
Hurry up and learn what it does (the humidity level) when you add water.
You should have learned this already.:barnie

Just add a tiny amount at first and wait walk away for at least an hour.
The report back with the number your uncalibrated humidity gauge reads.

Okay I’ll just open it then and be fast about closing it again haha

And yeah I know :oops:

And it skyrocketed immediately even with just a tiny amount. I’ll report back in a bit. Setting up the salt tests now so I’ll go check the incubator after.

But when I went downstairs it had already leapt from 10 to like 24 literally immediately so I don’t think that can be right. I’ll wait and check it again.

Okay I’ll just open it then and be fast about closing it again haha

And yeah I know :oops:

And it skyrocketed immediately even with just a tiny amount. I’ll report back in a bit. Setting up the salt tests now so I’ll go check the incubator after.

But when I went downstairs it had already leapt from 10 to like 24 literally immediately so I don’t think that can be right. I’ll wait and check it again.
:thumbsup

I've done 3 hatches why don't I know what a salt test is?

It’s how you calibrate the hygrometers. Teaspoon of salt and some water made into a slurry thing (but not sopping wet) in a bottle cap or something (though I found some tiny plastic shot glasses at the dollar store I’m using) put inside a plastic zip lock bag or other airtight container with the hygrometer. Left overnight or at least like 6-12 hours. The humidity inside should be 75% so if the hygrometer reads different you just make a note of the difference.

Back
Top Bottom