Pics
Crossing my fingers for your hatch, hope everything comes out alright...

Thank you! Me too! Thankfully the incubator appears to be heating up fast so :fl

And I plugged it into a different plug which I didn’t even think of before.

It appears to be a genuine mistake so I’m not mad anymore and they were nice about and seemed to be quite upset, didn’t even know they did it, and had to calm them down when I told them how low it was and how high it’s supposed to be, but I just hope everything turns out alright. :fl

Hens sometimes get off the nest anyway right??

From my understanding a brief cool down is better than a temp spike?

:barnie:barnie:barnie

I woke up this morning to the incubator being OFF!!!! :barnie

No idea how long it had been off for but it was fine when I woke up to use the bathroom and get water at 6:30 so sometime after that.

But it looks like somebody tried to move it back on the table/away from the edge and disconnected the power cord from the adaptor cause it was still plugged into the wall and the bator but disconnected. It’s the kind with the brick thingy the cord plugs into like a laptop one.

It’s not right next to the edge or anything but has to be close to it so I can plug it in without using an extension cord.

They pushed it back just far enough to unplug it. :barnie

I know exactly who did it and they most likely didn’t even know they unplugged it but :barnie

I plugged it back in about 10, 15 minutes ago so :fl

According to the thermometers it had cooled to like 76 degrees but not sure how accurate those are, still gotta get a regular one, couldn’t find one yesterday. But the Spot Check was reading L which means too low to read so I think it probably is accurate. :barnie:hit
Son of a gun.

Don't worry...this wasn't cool enough for long enough.
It should be fine.

Now you need to watch closely to make sure it doesn't get too hot warming back up.

Thank you! Me too! Thankfully the incubator appears to be heating up fast so :fl

And I plugged it into a different plug which I didn’t even think of before.

It appears to be a genuine mistake so I’m not mad anymore and they were nice about and seemed to be quite upset, didn’t even know they did it, and had to calm them down when I told them how low it was and how high it’s supposed to be, but I just hope everything turns out alright. :fl

Hens sometimes get off the nest anyway right??

From my understanding a brief cool down is better than a temp spike?
Yes...don't worry.
It's ok.

Son of a gun.

Don't worry...this wasn't cool enough for long enough.
It should be fine.

Now you need to watch closely to make sure it doesn't get too hot warming back up.

Okay that’s good to know! And a relief! Thank you!!

And okay, I’ll get some water and a chair and plant myself right next to the bator. :lau

Yes...don't worry.
It's ok.

Phew! That’s a relief. Thank you.

:barnie:barnie:barnie

I woke up this morning to the incubator being OFF!!!! :barnie

No idea how long it had been off for but it was fine when I woke up to use the bathroom and get water at 6:30 so sometime after that.

But it looks like somebody tried to move it back on the table/away from the edge and disconnected the power cord from the adaptor cause it was still plugged into the wall and the bator but disconnected. It’s the kind with the brick thingy the cord plugs into like a laptop one.

It’s not right next to the edge or anything but has to be close to it so I can plug it in without using an extension cord.

They pushed it back just far enough to unplug it. :barnie

I know exactly who did it and they most likely didn’t even know they unplugged it but :barnie

I plugged it back in about 10, 15 minutes ago so :fl

According to the thermometers it had cooled to like 76 degrees but not sure how accurate those are, still gotta get a regular one, couldn’t find one yesterday. But the Spot Check was reading L which means too low to read so I think it probably is accurate. :barnie:hit
Don’t freak out too much....I had these things happen a lot with early hatches....off for undetermined amounts of time (including during ice storm power outage) and hatch still fine

Don’t freak out too much....I had these things happen a lot with early hatches....off for undetermined amounts of time (including during ice storm power outage) and hatch still fine

That’s a huge relief!! Thank you!!

I’m trying not to freak out but with it being my first hatch I’m very nervous. :lau :oops:

I’ve calmed down a lot though cause I know it likely wasn’t off that long and didn’t cool down much but it’s still scary ha

Back
Top Bottom