I started the fence yesterday but the hardware cloth wasn’t working out so I’m just gonna get cattle panels. I also think I made their area way too big.... it’s bigger than my current girls have! Haha

So I’ll get cattle panels.

We’ll go either tomorrow or later today. Probably tomorrow as my dad needs to borrow his brother’s truck and I have a lot of stuff to do here. It’s raining today so I’ll get some inside stuff done like laundry and cleaning and such. :sick

I’m probably going to wind up taking all this down but did this yesterday as well as clean the coop and go to the feed store for shavings, chicken feed, and a few other things.

D329D0CB-6AC3-4013-AC67-7AA050E195CE.jpeg 8FFCB121-AF01-4204-A8C9-C83D3666B15D.jpeg 59A16BBC-C1FD-49E5-9E85-91E2E2A77B21.jpeg

Also totally irrelevant but I made cinnamon rolls if anyone’s hungry. :lau

I confess they’re not homemade but my mom bought them the other day we all wanted some today haha

465F7E36-8B47-457C-B024-B07FF1741987.jpeg

I’m gonna make some tuna too though for lunch.

That’s what I thought!! Especially since the Premier1 ones (which I also looked at and almost ordered when I was comparing in store) are like $60 (when you factor in shipping) for a wayyyyyy smaller one. The smallest one (10x10) is like $41 with $15 or $16 shipping for me. That is the cheapest shipping! This one is 12x18 I think or maybe just over. Their most expensive one is like $80. It’s bigger than mine though but still. I’m sure you could buy on Amazon for cheaper or free shipping but still. Much more than this. I thought I made a good decision deciding NOT to order the more expensive one despite everyone always talking about that one and just try this one first. I’m sure it will work just fine.

I’ll get pictures when I get home but it is this one.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/producers-pride-brooder-and-coop-heater

And here are the Premier ones.

https://www.premier1supplies.com/p/heating-plates-and-covers

Mine can also double as a coop heater which I thought was cool. Not that I ever use that feature but I could.

Sorry, hard to tell on the internet hah it sounded serious especially with the other ones/the conversation but if it wasn’t, sorry :oops:

Thanks! Do need to find another one though too and/or more clients but I only started last year and I’ve saved a lot and have a few clients already. Most were actually picked up just this year.

I want to get insurance and make it a real business and/or get certified as a professional dog trainer so I can start offering training too but idk yet.

Do need to find a real one for taxes and stuff though.

Yeah it is nice to have! Though I try to save most of it but still. Actually thinking of opening a checking account too just so I don’t have to always use cash but idk.
I’ll try to candle the eggs tonight.
What do you mean by try??
You really need to figure out if they're alive or not.

What do you mean by try??
You really need to figure out if they're alive or not.

Nothing in particular, just like try to remember/try to see into the dark eggs haha

The flashlights are all charged now so I should be able to now that they’re super bright again and it’s a dark (rainy) day. Should be easier to candle. So I will do it tonight. Should have said will hah

But trying to do some other stuff today too. But the eggs should definitely take priority.

I was thinking of candling before lockdown but may as well just do it tonight. I think I should lockdown tomorrow or Tuesday?? Hatch date is supposed to be the 29th (Friday).

Back
Top Bottom