Kebonnixs Incubator & Govee

Yeah, it was in there from about 9pm to 9am! So definitely long enough. I guess it’s just off by a lot. I put them in separate bags and then added the Govee to the bag the inkbird was in to be sure and it held steady.

Yeah, it was in there from about 9pm to 9am! So definitely long enough. I guess it’s just off by a lot. I put them in separate bags and then added the Govee to the bag the inkbird was in to be sure and it held steady.
So your Govee read 68 and the inkbird read 64?
If so, I’d test them again in another airtight container.

When I did the hygrometers for the hermit crab enclosure, they were ALL OVER the place, so I had just assumed it was the units themselves. I have to go out and pick up dog food today anyway (yes, I run a zoo here lol) so I can grab table salt and repeat.

It’s my understanding that even locally picked up non-shipped eggs need to rest for 12-24 hours right? I get our quail eggs tommorrow, so I can run another test with the hygrometers and once more with the meat therm temps.

So, testing results were:
Inkbird is off by 11, so add 11. (64 during salt test)
Govee was off by 13.2, so add 13.2. (61.8 during salt test)

Meat therm was 211 boiling, which is accurate for 130ft above sea level, but 32-33 in the ice water (entirely possible it just wasn’t freezing temp for whatever reason).

Current reads are:
INCUBATOR: 99.5 F, 21%
Inkbird: 98.7, 24 (added 11)
Govee: 98.2 F, 31.7 (added 13.2) ???
Meat Therm: 99 (it rounds up to nearest decimal pt)

They seem to agree that the temp is off on the incubator by at least 1 degree.

This is throwing me, the Govee is currently reading 18.5 humidity which more or less matches the incubator!

So, I guess the thing to do is restart the salt test with table salt. I’m real good at making simple things complicated.

I actually just used a Kebonnixs with a Govee. The Govee read around 3 degrees cooler than the bator and the humidity was lower as well. I calibrated the hygrometer using the salt method. The temp on the incubator was the one I went off of. I checked it and it matched my other thermometers.
Hey, did you use the Kebonnixs for quail? How’d you deal with the lack of rails for them?

I watched it on the test cycle and they definitely move lol. In fact, one or two of them rolled end over end and hit the far side of the slot, hence my concern.

When I put paper inserts in, even with the tape, it was all over the place and the paper ended up sliding out of place and gumming up the works. It was not something I could test without eggs in the incubator unfortunately. I am working home and they’re in my office so I can just check on them. They only seem to not turn if they get wedged into a corner.
Maybe try putting shelf liner down? I didn't think they'd be that violently tossed! Good grief lol.

It’s absurd, lol! I don’t know how other people did it with this darn thing, and I’m beginning to wish I’d shelled out the extra cash for a Brinsea.

Not sure if the shelf liner would help (but I can go buy some), the issue seems to be due to the diminutive nature of the eggs they don’t roll evenly across the slots, and when they get misaligned they can sometimes do funky stuff.

Dear Amazon review people: post your darn secrets, not just your hatch day photos!!!

Ugh. Maybe I’m being paranoid, this sort of thing always kicks me right in the anxiety, lol. The toddler got overexcited and bumped the little chair I have them on in the office closet and I just about had a heart attack. Made her cry, I felt awful. This is why they’re locked in a closet though, lol.

I have the nr360 which is set up similarly, I put two eggs in and it’s fine, you wanna use shelf liner, and point the skinny part of the eggs toward each other in the slot. Every morning and evening I reorient the eggs, because they still go astray. The nr 360 has never broken 1, it does sometimes drag them over the bottom without turning.

Its not really quail sized floor candy who has a similar kind of turner ended up 3d printing a turner that was coturnix quail egg sized and using that instead
I stopped using it halfway thru last hatch. They don’t all turn properly, the holes are too small. I’ve had bleh hatches with it, and I had some looking like they were developing stuck to one side.

The Kebonnixs is a nightmare. Added water and reset the eggs positions at 11:15am, and by 12:45 the temp had dropped all the way to 97.8 but was still reading as 100 on the incubator?? The lid was offset by a bit (must not have put it back right) so I fixed that but it’s still not up to temp.

I hate to do this as I’m not exactly rolling in cash at the moment, but should I shell out for a little Brinsea instead before this thing kills everything? It’s not even day two.
Were these pricey eggs? I would weigh the potential loss of the eggs against the loss of the money. For the record, I have a big brinsea (I think it’s called ovation 56 ex) and I love it. I can’t say enough good things about it. I literally haven’t shut it off for more than a few hours to clean it, since like october or November when I bought it.

They weren’t that expensive I think, $15 for 22 eggs. I had a Brinsea Mini Eco Advance or whatever, the one that also tracks humidity, but I sold it when I got out of poultry around 7 years ago now.

Back
Top Bottom