Do you have a heating pad? It needs to be one without auto shut off.
You can use one on low setting, and make a low cave for the bird to go in. It will stay plenty warm. Just make sure it won't be trapped.

Return what? The light bulb or the lamp?
If you have a clip lamp which I'm guessing is what most people buy when they buy a heat lamp just put a regular light bulb in it.

I'm using a regular light bulb right now in a little clippy lamp and it gets plenty hot enough. I promise you.
View attachment 3555687View attachment 3555688
I'm returning the bulb. Surprisingly enough, I don't have a clippy lamp. I use one of those connectors that goes straight from the power socket to the lightbulb via cord. I used to have a bearded dragon so I had that connector cord. It fits E27 Edison screw bulbs

Do you have a heating pad? It needs to be one without auto shut off.
You can use one on low setting, and make a low cave for the bird to go in. It will stay plenty warm. Just make sure it won't be trapped.
I don't have one.

I'm returning the bulb. Surprisingly enough, I don't have a clippy lamp. I use one of those connectors that goes straight from the power socket to the lightbulb via cord. I used to have a bearded dragon so I had that connector cord. It fits E27 Edison screw bulbs
Use your $30 and buy a $10 clippy lamp and a $4 light bulb.

What is wrong with the chick and what makes you think that you must separate it from the others?

Use your $30 and buy a $10 clippy lamp and a $4 light bulb.
Thanks. I might try just finding a house bulb first and see if that works, as its currently middle of winter and raining heavily where I am. If I have to, then I will, but I'm going to try with a house bulb first and monitor temperature.

The chick is twice the size of the others as it hatched early and it keeps pecking at the others and stomping on them. It's already injured another chicks leg.
If I try putting it in a cup it just jumps straight out.

What is wrong with the chick and what makes you think that you must separate it from the others?
It's pulling the others feathers out

Back
Top Bottom