Oob Child

Crowing
May 13, 2023
Just had a quail chick hatch that needs separation from the others, and I'm not sure what to do in terms of heating. The only two heat lamps I have are either way too hot or too cold.
Does anyone know how I could cool down the hot one or what else I can get? I can't afford another heating plate and my budget I'm able to spend on this is $30 max.
I can keep it warm using a hot water bottle for now but it will go cold at night.

You can't just raise the lamp up from the brooder until the temperature is what you want in the brooder?
This. Raise or lower the lamp until it's the right temp. If you are having trouble raising or lowering it with how it is, you can always buy some chains and S hooks at the hardware store for fairly cheap and hang it that way, attaching it to the ceiling or something VERY stable above it, like a wire shelf running across. It can easily be moved up and down using the S hook.

Just had a quail chick hatch that needs separation from the others, and I'm not sure what to do in terms of heating. The only two heat lamps I have are either way too hot or too cold.
Does anyone know how I could cool down the hot one or what else I can get? I can't afford another heating plate and my budget I'm able to spend on this is $30 max.
I can keep it warm using a hot water bottle for now but it will go cold at night.
Where is the incubator? Why not lower the temp in it and use it?

Why does it need to be separated?

Back
Top Bottom