Kentucky anyone?

Stay away from NC been to greensboro it is tight and expensive. No farm land around to speak of when I was there.

Most of Tn is still farm land except for the big cities. We moved down here from PA. We are now in Greeneville which is still very farm oriented. Land in Tn can be had all over BUT do not go by pics of land on the net. They have a strange thing here where they show the view off the property not the property itself. Which means it could and most likly is a mountain side lot. Many small acreas are up for sale just look up realtor.com and do a search. Good Luck

I can't say it enough. NC is getting overpopulated. It's not a great place to live anymore if you're looking for country living. Greensboro is just as bad as Raleigh. If you come to NC you'll find subdivisions where farms used to be. Sorry

I guess i shoulda updated this again. After looking into the surrounding areas.....we are looking almost totally into Kentucky. There are a few properties just over the line in TN....but i think we will choose KY.
I even had the realtor tell us we wont be happy in NC. Thank you for the backup words. I think Kentucky is so beautiful and loaded with farms. I even found a great place for DH to look for a job. The job is in Corbin KY. So if that works out, we will be looking for a home in that area. But its just a lead right now. I am looking into the entire state to be sure we dont regret it. I only wanna move once.

Hi,

I live in Clarksville, Tn which is close to Nashville so there is a good job market and close to Ft Campbell, KY. Some parts are congested but not so much where I am. There are some more rural counties close by, Robertson county is nice. My cousin lives in Whitehouse, it's still a bit country there for me. I'm a transplant from LI, NY.

Benefit of TN- no state income tax. But our sales tax is dreadful.

I have a house and lot I'll sell you for 150K
smile.png

My cousin also lives in whitehouse. His wife told me i should lean toward Kentucky. He was one of the ten finalists for Nashville star's last season. I was very disappointed with the way the show was run. Anyway....they live there and recommended Kentucky. I have heard from alot of people that live in TN that Ky is a better place to live. I think that says alot. I am really excited and cannot wait to take a trip there in the spring when we get it narrowed down. I called a few places this week to see if i could find a job for myself. I got a kick out of the wicked strong accents. I am going to sound just as crazy to them as they do to me LOL. I actually could have had a job if i was there now....but its going to be a while. I am learning alot too.

Back
Top Bottom