Kentucky people

Im about 2 hrs from Louisville and have 2 pair of Silkies for sale. One Buff pair that is really nice and a Buff/Red pair that are just Silkies, nothing to special about them. If your interested just let me know and I can get you some pics.

~Casey

I found 8 golden comets at Southen States this morning. Now they're all tucked away in the brooder.

This one is a character!

The basement brooder

This was my suprise baby Nubian boy that is 3 weeks old today. He was out playing with chickens earlier.

got a dozen brown leghorn hatching eggs today. This fella had nothing but a flock of 26 of them. Probably the most beautiful birds I have seen in person. I'm putting them under my broody wyandotte tonight.
fl.gif

Matt

Your lil Nubian buckling is so cute... we just had 4 beautiful Nubian kids born last Saturday & Sunday, 1 doeling & 3 bucklings... they are too sweet! I see you also live in Hart County :)
I found 8 golden comets at Southen States this morning. Now they're all tucked away in the brooder.

This one is a character!

The basement brooder

This was my suprise baby Nubian boy that is 3 weeks old today. He was out playing with chickens earlier.

My son got himself some Buff Orp and Dominique chicks the other day. He now says "Chicks Dig Him".
Found the chicks on Craigs List in Louisville for $3 ea and the young man "Ray" that sold them to us said he's sexed them out to be pullets.
Long story short after about a week of me staring at the Dom w/ the frosty back and "blotchy' head it's crown started showing up big and red. ( the one out on his left arm.)
I called Ray and he brought me 2 new pullets. Stand up young man! I was very shocked and highly reccomend him if anyone is in the market in the area.
All of his chicks are 6+ weeks old and off heat. Kept these inside the 1st week and have now moved them into a cage off section of our coop. The older ladies were not happy! LOL.

Last edited:
I live in Menifee co Kentucky I am looking for white silkie hens for my 6 year old daughter. I can't travel far as many have heard Menifee was hit hard by tornado's. If anyone can help me and could meet close to where I live please message me. We lost all our silkies :( She really wants a white silkie hen.

New to BYC, just purchased 6 Buff Orpington pullets, I live in Hancock Couty (abt 20 miles east of Owensboro). We had chickens, ducks, turkeys, and cows when I was a child but these are my first babies. I would like to know if you that have several different breeds keep them seperate to know what type are inside your fertile eggs or do the chicks keep to their own kind if they have that choice. I have these for the eggs but the more I look, the more I want.....

Cynthia

I keep all breeds together except the ones I'm breeding.
You can certainly keep them all together if you're not planning on hatching any of the eggs.
And you can keep them together and hatch some mix-breed chicks.
Barnyard mixes are always fun.
If you're just eating the eggs, don't worry about separating the chickens.
Enjoy your chickens!

Back
Top Bottom