Kentucky people

Welcome and
welcome-byc.gif
!

I have 4 8 week old new zealand rabbits I need to rehome asap.They are eating hay,pellets and using the litter box.If anyone is interested please message me.I prefer they go to a home where they will be pets.Thanks,Terry

Smarsh, I don't think that's a problem here. I have a sand floor, so the space under the bowl is totally open. Add that to the appetite of my birds for meat right now and any mouse in there is in danger.

I just did chores and when I changed out the nest straw I did find one mouse. Great fun ensued when my thai/cubalaya mix rooster nailed it in the head and went running out the door. There's no football like chickens fighting over a mouse, or snake, or...

Unlike cats, there is no torturing the mouse. Nothing kills quicker than my rooster - he hits it in the head like a nail gun.

Smarsh, I don't think that's a problem here. I have a sand floor, so the space under the bowl is totally open. Add that to the appetite of my birds for meat right now and any mouse in there is in danger.

I just did chores and when I changed out the nest straw I did find one mouse. Great fun ensued when my thai/cubalaya mix rooster nailed it in the head and went running out the door. There's no football like chickens fighting over a mouse, or snake, or...

Unlike cats, there is no torturing the mouse. Nothing kills quicker than my rooster - he hits it in the head like a nail gun.
A little more like Rugby, with no rules. It is entertainment

i was wonder about those heater things for the waters i m scared it will get my coop on firer so i dont use them but i really want some
I bought one of those bird bath heaters for the outside and it has worked great. I put a ping pong ball floating in the water bowl, which is a round heavy plastic utility pan.There has been some ice flakes around the edges but it has not frozen solid yet. As soon as the chickens start to drink, the ice breaks away easily
http://www.amazon.com/Fruit-Feeder-...391139762&sr=1-4&keywords=heated+bird+waterer

It has been well worth the 18.00 spent. On the days that the hens had to stay in the coop, I have another one I put inside the coop. I just put the water container down inside the top of a milk crate so there is no chance of it turning over. It doesn't get hot enough to burn anything

I have 2 red sex link hens for sale in Hardinsburg, Ky. $10 takes both. They will be a year old end of feb, 1st of March. They have been very good layers year around with no light. Very sweet and tame, have always been pets. I just have to get rid of them because I am switching my flock to Buff Orpingtons.

Oh my gracious!! Remind me to never again show my sweety what kinds of "remodling" ideas I have for the coop when its below freezing outside and sleeting and snowing!! Of course he decided that the time I showed him, would be the perfect time to do the work! BRRRRRRRR!! I thought my toes were frost bitten!!

Back
Top Bottom