Kid's Mini Incubator Feedback

chickenlover456

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 14, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I was recently given a little incubator--it's still in the box--but I'm hesitant to use it. I've gotten mixed feedback about the quality and hoped for some solid reveiws.

Thanks!!

Don't use it. Any of those cheap little incubators that only hold 2-3 eggs don't work. Getting something to hatch out in them is like squeezing blood from a stone, you can't do it.

A Little Giant Still Air is only 40 bucks. If you are going to use anything, invest in one of them. If you only want to use it once, you can put it on craigslist and get the money back.

Whatever you use, just make sure you do your research first.

Try a search on the board in the blue bar above. Try "mini bator" "dome bator" " three egg bator" and so on. There are a few threads about them. General consensus is that it's not worth it's weight in last years newspaper.

That's the one. Its manfactured by GFQ. it looks pretty flimsy to me, it's a small yellow base with a plastic cover. I think I'll stay clear of that one.

Agreed- the cheap small ones are too sensitive to room temp changes.

I bought the cheap $20 dome one first, way back when I first started, and it was a nightmare- getting up to adjust the temps all night and then checking all day to adjust it. Nothing hatched.

My current incubator also holds 3 eggs, but it cost a MINT- $150+, and was worth every penny. I actually have two and have used them for three years in my classroom, and at home. Totally different experience than the dome one- hatches 75% to 100%.

Quote:
Its junk. My kids were given one. I wouldnt even let them use it and bought a 1602N. But i used the yellow doom bator as a isolation area for newly hatched chicks with problems, such as a not fully absorped yolks that have to kept away from the others.

Back
Top Bottom