Kikiriki? Most likely not, but oh well

fluffycrow

Chasing broodies
Premium Feather Member
Jan 12, 2023
Attica Greece
OK so I was watching a video, and that person had a flock of kikirikis, and some of them looked extremely similar to Cruella, my pullet. I've always assumed she was some very beautiful mix but I couldn't think of what that mix could be. I know kikirikis are just a fancy way of saying a really small bantam mix, so technically it'll be the same thing. I'm curious if she would be classified as a kikiriki though, or if yall have some ideas on what she might be mixed with. In case it comes up, she lays cream eggs
20230416_135818.jpg
IMG-d101fe3b47012a9bb0516127ab3e3b3e-V.jpg
20230416_135820.jpg

Oh and she's smaller than my other bantams. Here is a comparisonView attachment 3496399

This is an older photo (taken 1 and a half month ago) but the difference in size still applies, it has become just slightly less though. And I promise I'm not doing this on purpose, ask Wind, I'm messy with my posts all the time :lau

I'm not familiar with local breeds in Greece, so couldn't really say one way or the other. Kikiriki, from what I red, are Japanese/Malaysian bantam crosses, but I don't see much indication of that in the tail or body type.

All the Greek landrace breeds are LF (except for some larger sized bantams that are mixes of non-greek breeds) so I'm confident that she doesn't have any significant Greek breed blood in her. Plus, the only breed with a crest would be a landrace I raise, the Tsouloufati, but those crests are far smaller so it would take generations to get that kind of crest, and with her size I don't think that is what has happened. What I do know is that we have a lot of polish breeders in the country, then again the question with size comes up

All the Greek landrace breeds are LF (except for some larger sized bantams that are mixes of non-greek breeds) so I'm confident that she doesn't have any significant Greek breed blood in her. Plus, the only breed with a crest would be a landrace I raise, the Tsouloufati, but those crests are far smaller so it would take generations to get that kind of crest, and with her size I don't think that is what has happened. What I do know is that we have a lot of polish breeders in the country, then again the question with size comes up
It looks a little like a Barbu de Watermael with a single comb. But a really don't know. They are cute though.

Back
Top Bottom