Killing Horses for Humans to Eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you didn't go to the website, here are the details;
Horse slaughter and even transport to slaughter are abuses.
Even though horse slaughter has stopped in the U.S., our horses are still being subjected to intense suffering and abuse though transport and slaughter over the border. Undercover footage shows live horses being dragged, whipped, and crammed into trucks in whose interiors were 110 degrees.

Horses are often shipped for more than 24 hours at a time in crowded double-deck cattle trucks without food, water, or rest. Pregnant mares, foals, injured horses, and even blind horses must endure the journey.

There's the truth on horse slaughter. And for all you people who say 'its a humane way for them to die', YA'LL ARE STUPID!
Again. What is your alternative? How would you take care of the problem of unwanted horses?

Quote:
Again. What is your alternative? How would you take care of the problem of unwanted horses?
Again, LOOK AT THE WEBSITE!!! Here it is, if you didn't bother to look;
Owner responsibility is the answer.
It is a matter of personal responsibility when someone takes on a horse as a companion or work animal. If an owner can no longer care for a horse, that person has a responsibility to seek out other options for placing the horse or to have her humanely euthanized, rather than simply try to profit by selling her to slaughter. Putting a horse on a truck for thousands of miles of long-distance transport to a slaughter plant, where the horse will suffer a terrifying and painful death, is not a responsible option.

The reports I have read are very reliable and very proven and actually very much undisputed by those that have read them. Look it up yourself. Surely you know what a bottom feeder is or a scavenger. It is determined by what they will or will not eat. A bottom feeder eats dead and decaying matter, a scaled fish does not. A pig eats dead and decaying matter a cow or sheep does not, a horse does eat dead and decaying matter (although rare) but it does not digest its food the way a cow or sheep does increasing the risk of putting harmful pathogens into its fat and possibly meat.

Mad cow is linked to feeding brain,hoof and hornmeal. All animal parts forbidden to eat by Jewish dietary laws BTW.
I am aware of what bottom feeders eat but that doesn't stop me from eating crab or lobster. And I know what pigs will eat if given a chance. However, chickens will eat anything pigs will but nevertheless they are acceptable under Jewish dietary laws. I also know it is unlikely you will find anything harmful in the pork that goes to market today that would not be found in any other kind of meat. And show me anything that demonstrates that horsemeat is in any way less healthful than beef or lamb. As for mad cow there is some question about whether the people in England, where the mad cow problem was diagnosed, ever got their brain disorder from eating contaminated beef. At least two of the patients were lifelong vegetarians, and several, on autopsy, were be found to be suffering from a brain disease brought on by the excessive and long term consumption of alcohol.

I have never heard of hoof and hornmeal being implicated in the transmission of mad cow. Nervous tissue yes. Hoof and horn, no.

I still don't understand, why horses get special treatment...I bet over ninety percent of the people on this forum would not wince at the thought of beef, chicken, turkey, lamb or pork, BTW that bacon you ate was about twice as intelligent as any horse, but that would't stop any of you from enjoying your BLT's. And also, there is no need for calling ANYBODY "stupid" in this forum. We are all adults and should be expected to behave as such. I did, in fact get a chance to read the ASPCA article and most of, if not all of their arguments or "facts", as they are being called, were opinionated and subjective. Further more, they did not cite their sources of information, so you pretty much have to take their word for it. Who performed the studies that they are drawing their statistics from? To be perfectly honest, just about all, companies, corporations, business entities, public services, etc. have their own political/social agendas and to say or imply that the ASPCA is the final word in objective, unbiased information takes a lot of blind faith.

Anyone writing anything injects their opinion. The website is against slaughtering horses and states facts to support this.I free range my chickens on 37 acres. I can argue that keeping chickens in the coop on dirt is inhumane. Just because you care about your chicken doesn't mean he would not prefer lush grass full of bugs. I've looked at both sides of the horse slaughter issue and feel that control slaughter is better for all involved. I feel a chicken in a coop or on dirt is being subjected to intense suffering and abuse. If you don't feel this way does that make you stupid?

If you didn't go to the website, here are the details;
Horse slaughter and even transport to slaughter are abuses.
Even though horse slaughter has stopped in the U.S., our horses are still being subjected to intense suffering and abuse though transport and slaughter over the border. Undercover footage shows live horses being dragged, whipped, and crammed into trucks in whose interiors were 110 degrees.

Horses are often shipped for more than 24 hours at a time in crowded double-deck cattle trucks without food, water, or rest. Pregnant mares, foals, injured horses, and even blind horses must endure the journey.

There's the truth on horse slaughter. And for all you people who say 'its a humane way for them to die', YA'LL ARE STUPID!
You listed some good reasons to have slaughter houses closer. Or maybe the banning was a bad idea.

Is a horse better then a cow or chicken or pig ?

If they tighten up the regulations of transport, farming and slaughter of the horses to make it more humane that there is no problem.

Also 'unclean' meat is only a religious idea and there are not scientific facts to say these animals are unhealthy for human consumption The religious books don't say anything about eating rhino, panda or polar bears - because the people who wrote the book did not know they existed, so how would we know if they are 'clean' or not?

I horse is not a 'bottom feeder'. It eats grass same as a cow! In fact a horse would be better for us that beef as they are not raised of huge cattle lots and fed a diet of corn, antibiotics and steroids.

Actually since we have banned horse slaughtering plants here in the u.s. they suffer worse fate now by being shipped to mexico or someother country where they are not regulated and our goverment has no control over the process.just saying.I have worked around horses all my life and it has hurt the horse market by closing us slaughter plants.The horses around my area has dropped in prices,people are fallen on hard times.hay prices along with grain has gone up,so alot of people just cant afford their horses anymore,so what do you suggest that they ignore their bills and ignore putting a food in their kids mouths so they can put their horse first?just saying.Also there are to many people who are breeding horses that should not be breed in the first place.look around your local horse rescues they are full!many people are just leaving horses to starve now because they cant sell them and they see no other option,i dont agree,but thats just me. Btw i have owned my 9 year old arabian since she was a yearling,so i would not just eat her,but if my family was literally starving you bet your biscuits i would.

Actually since we have banned horse slaughtering plants here in the u.s. they suffer worse fate now by being shipped to mexico or someother country where they are not regulated and our goverment has no control over the process.just saying.I have worked around horses all my life and it has hurt the horse market by closing us slaughter plants.The horses around my area has dropped in prices,people are fallen on hard times.hay prices along with grain has gone up,so alot of people just cant afford their horses anymore,so what do you suggest that they ignore their bills and ignore putting a food in their kids mouths so they can put their horse first?just saying.Also there are to many people who are breeding horses that should not be breed in the first place.look around your local horse rescues they are full!many people are just leaving horses to starve now because they cant sell them and they see no other option,i dont agree,but thats just me. Btw i have owned my 9 year old arabian since she was a yearling,so i would not just eat her,but if my family was literally starving you bet your biscuits i would.
Horse slaughter is legal in the US now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom