Killing Horses for Humans to Eat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chances are that by the time any horses 'make it to' the slaughterhouse any medications used on them have already cleared their systems. Most of the horses ending up at slaughterhouses have barely been fed enough let alone received medications.
Or worthy of human consumption ie vet care injections trying to save a sick horse.

What planet are you on that you think the cattle lots are a myth? Are you saying they don't exist?

What are these dietary laws? You mean the fairy tale rules for a particular religion? And what standard did food not meet exactly? Did they have the food standards agency inspecting nutritional values of foods when these food 'laws' were made up?

I have never had a X ray, but I am forced to eat crap food as junk ingredients are mixed in with nearly everything these days and foods are not labelled GM either.

How on earth do you know what my knowledge of 'good food' is? Also my knowledge of 'dietary laws'?

I work as a food technician and also studied food science to BSc hons level. I am now working at post grad level doing funded research for the chemical food industry.

If horse meat production is regulated properly and standards are set for farming practices, that eating horse meat is very acceptable. It is much more healthy than beef, as it is had a considerable lower fat to muscle ratio.

Horse meat has double and amount of Iron than beef
It also has a much higher percent of vitamin B12
The most outstanding quality of horse meat is its Omega-3 fatty acid concentration - with 360mg per 100g, compared to only 21mg in beef.
This is an important nutrient in the prevention of strokes, heart disease and neurodegeneration.

So you can see horse meat has many nutritional advantages over beef.
If you have any further question about the nutritional properties of horse meat please feel free to ask and I am sure you will not find my knowledge to be vague.
You may want to revisit sentence comprehension... I said "feed lots AS YOU DESCRIBE THEM".

If you have never heard of the benifits of certain animals over other certain animals based on their diet and the way toxins are stored in the fat and blood and the benefit of properly slaughtering of animals you may want to talk to your school about a refund. Anyone with half a brain knows you do not eat animals that eat garbage and expect to remain healthy... and yes you can eat horse meat and yes it does have higher iron and all the other things you cite but eating to the extreme of your dietary intake is unhealthy also. Vitamin C is good for you but eating too much is bad. Too much iron is unhealthy, vegetarians do not heal bones properly also. Marbled fat in beef is actually good for you, it is the cover fat that is bad. Horse meat is lean with no marbling and has none of the benifits that marbling has in aiding the absorption of fat.

Ask your professor about the difference between the fats.

Well, you wouldn't eat "only" horse meat for one, venison has no marbling either and considered very healthy.

HORSES ARE NOT BOTTOM FEEDERS.

Goats eat anything, we eat goats. Catfish, carp, pigs, hell even cockroaches are regarded as food depending on latitude/longitude.

Your fear of eating something not widely used as meat in our country is while understandable based on irrational and illogical thought, unfounded.

There's far too much hunger in the world for me to toss out 1000 lbs of edible and healthy food. Even if it was full of mediccnes, it's better than starving. You should give it a shot and see how quickly you'd plow through a horse burger...

im not against eating horse. there are too many horses out there once there was a law signed against slaughter of horses. If they were suffering or anything, you couldnt put them down. or if they were sick. which meant that people were trying to get rid of them, and the prices were so low. but nobody wanted them. I went to an auction this past summer, one horse got sold for $5. thats a problem, it was a very nice horse, broken, good size.

I just noticed this, but in "chickened"response to the shellfish,and finding something inhorse meat that you wouldn't find in lamb or pork/beef: "the stuff I read is reliable, but you'll need to look it up yourself, cause I'm just gonna convince you just by my word, I don't want to disclose my resource" (note that's not the real response verbatim, but that's the exact idea behind it) is usually the same type of response when people aren't sure of their information, or are unaware of the people behind the scene's of said "reports".

Quote: Sorry to hear that you've never been to a dentist (you claim never to had an x-ray). Also I am sorry that you are so intelligent that you are closed minded to the possibility of a higher power (fairy tales you call religious law). Also did you ever research the Jewish dietary law to learn what they could and could not eat to make yourself an expert to say it is hogwash? Any intelligent person could study it and find some valid points of the diet, some gray areas where it may neither be good or bad. Also there are feed lots of all sorts for cattle but the ones that feed strictly hay to cattle are very few and far apart, almost a rareity.....

I just noticed this, but in "chickened"response to the shellfish,and finding something inhorse meat that you wouldn't find in lamb or pork/beef: "the stuff I read is reliable, but you'll need to look it up yourself, cause I'm just gonna convince you just by my word, I don't want to disclose my resource" (note that's not the real response verbatim, but that's the exact idea behind it) is usually the same type of response when people aren't sure of their information, or are unaware of the people behind the scene's of said "reports".

begging your pardon, what's wrong with someone encouraging you to research a topic yourself? I'd rather look it up myself if possible anyway, it's the people who tell me "take my word for it and DO NOT EVER LOOK IT UP YOURSELF OR ONLY LOOK FOR THE ANSWERS HERE" I find most often are misleading you or their sources don't hold as much water as they should....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom