Kindly asking for a new report page for the Member Pages

XF1 is unsupported software, and the articles to threads tool has been removed in its entirety in the version for XF2.
In that case the talk about moving them is rather pointless then if the upgraded software doesn't have this facility so deleting them would seem to be the sensible option.

There was no outcome, and there probably won't be one, as this is a chicken site, not a role-playing site.
In that case, given how this is a chicken site, the deletion of the role playing threads and articles will be on the agenda (?)
Of course this is nonsense. BYC isn't just a chicken site there are lots of threads that have nothing to do with chickens.
I might be able to find you a person to fix the moving option if you don't have anyone capable of doing it.

In that case the talk about moving them is rather pointless then if the upgraded software doesn't have this facility so deleting them would seem to be the sensible option.
Probably, but there's still a chance that the articles to threads tool could get added back.
In that case, given how this is a chicken site, the deletion of the role playing threads and articles will be on the agenda (?)
Of course this is nonsense. BYC isn't just a chicken site there are lots of threads that have nothing to do with chickens.
I know, but I don't think that we need a specific "roleplaying" articles section. Maybe we could add a "Games, Jokes, Fun" article section if we really need another section for articles that aren't chicken related.
I might be able to find you a person to fix the moving option if you don't have anyone capable of doing it.
The developer of the articles add-on actually looked into it, and he couldn't find specifically what was wrong. The issue initially presented itself as comments disappearing from articles, but we noticed that it only happened when when the articles to threads tool was used, so we disabled it. I'm not sure if it would be worth trying to fix it on XF1, because we're planning on upgrading the site pretty soon anyway.

We have also taken steps to mitigate the articles that should be posted as threads, like creating a notice that appears at the top of the articles section for new members:
upload_2019-9-29_12-56-40.png

Back
Top Bottom