King quail with strange eye shape

SummerQuails

Chirping
Oct 2, 2019
I have a female king quail who today I noticed was being picked in by her male. He’s always been super sweet so I don’t know what got into him, but she’s a bit roughed up. While I was checking her out, I noticed both her eyes seem to be a bit strange, it almost looks like the top eyelid has been stretched upwards and pulled the eyelids up, resulting in a point at the top and a ‘sunken’ looking eye. Is this from him being rough or is something else wrong? The male has since been seperate from her, but is there anything I can do for her?

Attachments

• IMG_4134.jpeg
    IMG_4134.jpeg
    359.3 KB · Views: 47
Could you take some better, clearer, photos of your hen? I can't really tell by the photo what's going on with her eye!
I took some more and this is the clearest one, it’s hard because she’s so small and definitely my flightiest bird

Attachments

• IMG_4144.jpeg
    IMG_4144.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 14
I took some more and this is the clearest one, it’s hard because she’s so small and definitely my flightiest bird

Was there a wound from her being picked on by the male? How did that heal up?
Does the top of her head feel like it has a hard lump or does it feel like fluid is under the skin?

If possible, hold her while someone takes photos of the top of her head where she's bare.

It's almost like swelling or a lump under the skin on the head is pulling the eyes/facial tissue up.
Interesting.

I have a female king quail who today I noticed was being picked in by her male. He’s always been super sweet so I don’t know what got into him, but she’s a bit roughed up. While I was checking her out, I noticed both her eyes seem to be a bit strange, it almost looks like the top eyelid has been stretched upwards and pulled the eyelids up, resulting in a point at the top and a ‘sunken’ looking eye. Is this from him being rough or is something else wrong? The male has since been seperate from her, but is there anything I can do for her?
Hi, did your quail end up being okay? this has just recently happened to one of my female quails after I noticed she was one of my males favourite to mate with. Her head seems a bit swollen and her eyes are being pulled upwards.

Back
Top Bottom