kittens have eyes stuck together

you know, really gunky stuck-together eyes in a kitten is often a sign of a real illness. It needs to be diagnosed and appropriately treated -- which may require antibiotics -- unless you want to wind up with a litter of blind kittens.

Sorry, but this is one place that a vet bill probably really IS in order. They have the whole rest of their lives in front of them...

good luck,

Pat

My Grandma S grew up on a farm and mentioned once that their kittens would get eye problems similar to what you described. She said they threw salt in their eyes and the problem went away. She said the salt hurt the kitties' eyes, and they hated it when they did that, but that was the only cure for the condition her family knew.

Sounds like an upper respiratory infection to me. True they can be put on meds and eye drops but it can sometimes take a very long time to cure. They should be seen by a vet. My sis has one blind cat and one with one eye because the kitties weren't treated in time(they were strays).

God help us, PLEASE don't throw salt in their eyes! How uneducated can you get?
They need a vet and NOW, if you can't afford a vet please give them up!

Quote:

Quote:
I second this vote. We found some kittens with eyes like that and they turned out to have distemper. I'm not sure that was a sign of distemper but i associate the 2.

thanks for all the advice. will see the vet tomorrow. Have been cleaning their eyes with warm wet wash cloth and no salt. The DGDs have been giving them EXTRA love. The babies where born on 9-11 (my bday) when we were getting ready for Ike to hit. So their names of course are Ike he is orange and white (sickest one ) the solid black is Hurricane the gray is Marshall don't know how that name came about Again thanks for the advice

Quote:

Don't worry-I would use a mild saline solution and NOT pure salt. Sorry, I should have added that!

Grandma grew up in the 1920's-1930's on a farm in Ohio and that's the only cure they had at the time.

Back
Top Bottom