Kristen’s Chickens and Farming Ventures

Pics
We are living very different chicken experiences. It is great to be able to share them with each other. Please keep it up.

I really do think that all of our chicken keeping experiences offer learning opportunities, and insights. I know that I’m looking at things from both a personal and a business standpoint, and that most of the people keeping chickens on this site have more of a hobby/pet approach.

I’ve still named half my hens and all but one of my cockerel holdbacks for breeding, so it’s not “just a business” and if I ever get to the point where that’s all it is for me then I will know it’s time to stop working with animals. (I also like the names to fit the individuals... which is why some don’t have any yet!)

I’ve got an amazing opportunity with the amount of land available to me, and am lucky to have very limited predator pressures. I love the international community, pictures of other people’s chickens, and life stories as well. For all the differences, it’s also amazing to see all the similarities! I’m almost completely off Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube (last one due to Cellular Data cost), so this site is now close to the entirety of my social group (not counting the chickens and cows!)

I really do think that all of our chicken keeping experiences offer learning opportunities, and insights. I know that I’m looking at things from both a personal and a business standpoint, and that most of the people keeping chickens on this site have more of a hobby/pet approach.

I’ve still named half my hens and all but one of my cockerel holdbacks for breeding, so it’s not “just a business” and if I ever get to the point where that’s all it is for me then I will know it’s time to stop working with animals. (I also like the names to fit the individuals... which is why some don’t have any yet!)

I’ve got an amazing opportunity with the amount of land available to me, and am lucky to have very limited predator pressures. I love the international community, pictures of other people’s chickens, and life stories as well. For all the differences, it’s also amazing to see all the similarities! I’m almost completely off Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube (last one due to Cellular Data cost), so this site is now close to the entirety of my social group (not counting the chickens and cows!)

The amount of knowledge regarding these amazing animals that I have gained since joining this website is immeasurable. However the best part is the people and stories. I just love the stories of other people's journey with chickens. I too do not not belong to any other social media. This site more than fills my needs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom