Kristen’s Chickens and Farming Ventures

None of the raccoons we have shot have been processed, but the Teenager who was attending the alternative outdoor school here was tanning the hides... a neighbor ate a roasted raccoon he caught, apparently it was delicious. I am not a huge fan of bear, so unless I get to make it for the Aunts in Law... with extra special mushroom sauce. Have to figure out which ones are edible somehow?

So, after that super lengthy introduction post, I give you all “Little Red” almost 4 months old, now very suspicious of strange tall thing that keeps picking him up.
View attachment 2402137
Upon morning release and feeding he took off back to the field he has been in the last two weeks, so he is still not flocking with Sammy and the girls yet, but at least he accepts them as sleeping buddies. And that travel trailer in the background is going to become my winter chicken housing... very soon.
Edit to add: another post lifted from Fluffy Butt Acres! I realize I should probably post some of my updates over here on my own thread too, once in a while, eh?
Kris, I didn’t see this on Bob’s thread! Little Red is looking very healthy! And i LOVE that you are turning the travel trailer into chicken housing. Brilliant!

Trailer Park Chickens pt1
84731C44-0BBD-4840-ADAF-0309023BEAF3.jpeg
0697498C-5929-48E3-9FC8-2101248B64F9.jpeg

first order of business was clearing out the dinette foam, old mattresses, cutlery, and curtains
E1196024-603C-4ED8-A9DE-20DA5C8479AE.jpeg
8B03B801-AA06-4569-819F-48E3CB3FA2E0.jpeg

Then removing glass mirrors and reinforcing the floor which had spongy spots that threatened to collapse under me. And throwing a secure ing layer of plywood over the dinette as well. It turns out this is a two and a half sheets of plywood and a three day project. Tomorrow I have to install the roosts, tarp the stove and fridge off, and figure out how to actually secure the door as day 1’s moving the trailer seems to have thrown all the doors out of alignment. I also screwed every door and hatch shut as well, because chickens are clever.

I can just see Sammy with a Rum and coke in a tight t shirt, Dean in an ugly Hawaiian shirt smoking, and Cass with coke bottle Glasses trying to lure my cats away. If you don’t understand the references, I promise the source material really isn’t worth watching! Not all my friends have good taste when it comes to entertainment...

Trailer Park Chickens pt1
View attachment 2408299View attachment 2408300

first order of business was clearing out the dinette foam, old mattresses, cutlery, and curtains
View attachment 2408301View attachment 2408302

Then removing glass mirrors and reinforcing the floor which had spongy spots that threatened to collapse under me. And throwing a secure ing layer of plywood over the dinette as well. It turns out this is a two and a half sheets of plywood and a three day project. Tomorrow I have to install the roosts, tarp the stove and fridge off, and figure out how to actually secure the door as day 1’s moving the trailer seems to have thrown all the doors out of alignment. I also screwed every door and hatch shut as well, because chickens are clever.

I can just see Sammy with a Rum and coke in a tight t shirt, Dean in an ugly Hawaiian shirt smoking, and Cass with coke bottle Glasses trying to lure my cats away. If you don’t understand the references, I promise the source material really isn’t worth watching! Not all my friends have good taste when it comes to entertainment...

We will have to see what it look's like when you get it done.

Back
Top Bottom