Ladies, Do you know how to change a tire on your vehicle?

Ladies, do you know how to change a tire on your vehicle?

• Yes, I do and I will

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but prefer not to

• No way

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, but I'd be willing to learn

• Total voters
My most memorable tire changing was when I lived in Chicago. Temperature was close to 0. I managed to change the tire and still get to work on time. Can't tell you how many cars drove past. Not one offer to help. To add to the story about a month later the car was stolen. Never saw it again.

For those, complaining about the tightness of lug nuts, put on with airtools, I recently had new tires put on my 1ton truck. I watched, as they broke out the torque wrench, and torqued each nut, to specs, in a proper cross pattern...I spoke with the manager, and he said, that not doing so, was grounds for termination..... I was impressed....BTW, it was 200 ft. lbs, per nut. Far exceeding what can be achieved, with an air wrench.

Yes I do know how, but the lug nuts are almost always to tight and I can't get the darn thing off. So what use is it knowing when even standing on the darn tire iron can't lossen the bolts?

I do but it's always nice when a gentleman stops and offers to do it for you.
wink.png
I can change the oil, filters, spark plugs but would love to know how to flush the transmission, change breaks/pads/rotors (sp?) and maybe even rebuild and engine/tranny some day.
big_smile.png

Well, it's really a yes and no answer....I changed my tire many long years ago and bent the frame of a then 2 month old car!!! Yikes,,,,, I put the the jack in the wrong spot....It was a really bad day....... I got the tire off but couldn't get the new one tight enough and called for repair and he told me about the bent frame.....Ah well.....

Yes, I can (know how)...........but I can't. Living in the country and on a gravel road......The dust will set up behind the wheel like concrete/glue and I can't pull it off. You need a big sledge hammer to bang on the tire it and I don't keep one with me. I use to change my own oil too.
big_smile.png

Yes I do and have many times. I also can change oil and do lots of general maintenance on my vehicles, in fact going to be changing the Glow Plugs on my Dually as soon as it warms up again, also gonna change the oil and hydraulic fluid in my tractor. I have always been very mechanical and helped my dad as a kid. Now I do it because I can and it is cheaper than paying a mechanic. I do take my vehicles to Mechanics as the need arises, I admit I am not a mechanic and do not attempt anything I am not sure of.

Quote:
Not to cause a riot/argument here ...
hide.gif

but.......

None of my daughters or wife are strong enough to take off lug nuts at 80lbs of torque. My sons, barely. Now my big van, well its torqued down like Royd's big truck. 6 lugs per wheel. I always stop to help a lady with a flat tire. In my experience most of them do not have the upper body strength to get them off.

Back
Top Bottom