Lakeshore Eggers?

Pics
I just got some mystery chicks from Tractor Supply that have turned out to be a rainbow selection of Lakeshore Eggers and I could not be happier with them!! Actually I take that back, one of my favorite ones is definitely a rooster at 3-4 weeks old :hitHe’s gorgeous and I’m almost contemplating getting him registered as an ESA so I can keep him. As far as autosexing goes, I do not see how that could be possible with this breed unless it’s feather sexing. Stripes alone doesn’t cut it cause one of my pullets is white & buff and never had stripes. I’m convinced one of my girls is a Dixie Rainbow, and was told by Tractor Supply that the didn’t know what the chicks were but think they are Starlight Green Eggers. Once they started developing crests on their heads, that’s when I knew I needed to look further into what breed they could be. I desperately want a Legbar hen, and these Lakeshore Eggers are the closest I’ve ever gotten to having one!!:love

Attachments

• 6A0CD4FD-0D04-43A5-AD9D-B2DD43218D08.jpeg
    6A0CD4FD-0D04-43A5-AD9D-B2DD43218D08.jpeg
    600.9 KB · Views: 9
I received a Lakeshore Egger from Meyer about a year ago. She is a light buff color, friendly but prefers to be off on her own away from the other hens. Her eggs are large but gray in color not blue or green. She lays 4-5 eggs a week.

Back
Top Bottom