Langshan Thread!!!

I live in the Seattle area and raised two Langshans who turned out to be Larry and Lou... So, I"m looking for some Langshan pullets. My boys are blue. Would love a splash or white pullet but would take a good quality black. Are there any breeders in my area?

Thanks!

PetRock,

I think my problem was that his legs grew too fast and he didn't have the muscles needed to keep the hocks from fluxating. Once it went, it kept getting worse.

From now on, once the chicks are feathered, I'm dropping the protein percentage to 18% and adding fresh spinach and oyster shells. None of the other males had the problem which is why I culled.

Molting is all well & good but it doesn't make for good breakfasts. My wife laughs at me when we have to buy eggs.

@:Mikaela: Does the Standard in the US distinguish between Croad Langshan and Langshan? Had you ever before heard of this Joe Oakley that this woman mentions in the article in this months Croad News?

I've got to read the article first! I haven't read it yet but intend to this weekend when I can get it in my laptop. Too hard to read on my phone! ;)

NYREDS, my hubby laughs at me too. Tells me to "take the eggs" since they're being stingy!

Back
Top Bottom