LANSHAN Chickens A place to talk about them and share pics

MommaHen77

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 7, 2014
USA
I have 5 Black LANSHAN chicks they all pullets but I am hoping one will be a Roo so I can breed them someday. I love these Chickens they sweet,Shy and Beautiful. Here what my look like

Are you sure they're not Australorps? They don't look like any Langshans I've ever seen. I once got a Langshan when I asked for an Aus.Orp, lol. She was a lovely bird but nothing like an Aus.Orp, even as a chick you could see the difference.

Best wishes.

Are you sure they're not Australorps? They don't look like any Langshans I've ever seen. I once got a Langshan when I asked for an Aus.Orp, lol. She was a lovely bird but nothing like an Aus.Orp, even as a chick you could see the difference.

Best wishes.
They are all LANSHAN I got them at a feed Store they had a sign saying Black LANSHAN they look like them too me I have see pics of them and the Australorps more Buffy then my Black Lashans Australops don't act shy my LANSHAN are shy at times but sweet.

I have 5 Black LANSHAN chicks they all pullets but I am hoping one will be a Roo so I can breed them someday. I love these Chickens they sweet,Shy and Beautiful. Here what my look like

my Lashans have Fur on their feet and the Austlopas don't have that you just can't see the feathers on my Lanshans feet.

Ah, lol, I was thinking for a moment I'd made a mistake and they were LANSHAN not langshan, I was trying to puzzle out if LANSHAN was an acronym for a new hybrid!

They are all LANSHAN I got them at a feed Store they had a sign saying Black LANSHAN they look like them too me I have see pics of them and the Australorps more Buffy then my Black Lashans Australops don't act shy my LANSHAN are shy at times but sweet.

All chickens are individuals and you get shy and non-shy birds from the same breed no matter the breed. You'll see many, many threads and breed reviews on this site claiming any given breed is 'nice' or 'aggressive' and in almost every case, despite the obvious contradictions, almost everyone puts it down to breed, but it's hugely influenced by who kept the last few generations, which birds they picked to breed, and how they treated them.

I would also suggest you don't have too much faith in feed store bin signs, you will see endless threads on this site asking why their feed-store-bin chicks aren't turning into what they were labeled as, and when the feed store is asked, they often don't have a clue either. Anyone can sell anything to the average feed store and nobody checks up on them. I see more mongrels labeled as purebreds in feed stores than in the average backyard!

Wish you all the best with your flock. :)

Ah, lol, I was thinking for a moment I'd made a mistake and they were LANSHAN not langshan, I was trying to puzzle out if LANSHAN was an acronym for a new hybrid!

All chickens are individuals and you get shy and non-shy birds from the same breed no matter the breed. You'll see many, many threads and breed reviews on this site claiming any given breed is 'nice' or 'aggressive' and in almost every case, despite the obvious contradictions, almost everyone puts it down to breed, but it's hugely influenced by who kept the last few generations, which birds they picked to breed, and how they treated them.

I would also suggest you don't have too much faith in feed store bin signs, you will see endless threads on this site asking why their feed-store-bin chicks aren't turning into what they were labeled as, and when the feed store is asked, they often don't have a clue either. Anyone can sell anything to the average feed store and nobody checks up on them. I see more mongrels labeled as purebreds in feed stores than in the average backyard!

Wish you all the best with your flock. :)
Thank you. I did do my resreach my Black Langshan are them they have feathers on their feet and try look just like them my chicks are tall in size just like I have readed and I have seen pictures of Langshan online mine look just like them. These where in a bin with other Langshan they where Black and white when they where little chicks. Now that my Langshan are 13 weeks old in the sunlight they have a green sceen on them. I think getting chicks from a feed store they know what they are.

Eh, many times they are wrong, but maybe not in this case, time will tell.

Either way I hope you enjoy your birds. :)
my Chicks are Langshan they have feathers on their feet I believe the feed store sold me Langshan they don't the other chicken you keep talking about my look nothing like the Austdrops they more round then mine. And the Austdrops don't have feathers on their feet. I would not be on the other Theard that someone give me the link to if my are not Langshan, you don't know your breed of Chicken like you said not a breed Expter. Either am I but I did my reading my Langshan that is what my are like or not. Best wish and thank you

Back
Top Bottom