Large Beautiful Rooster, What is he?

hmmm.....he also looks similar to this fella (Dutch). But I also see some differences. I guess yours is just a beautiful mix.
smile.png

http://foothillspoultry.blogspot.com/2009/12/this-is-screech.html

I was thinking Salmon Faverolle before I even scrolled down to finish looking at the picture, but he's definetly not a Faverolle. No beard, no extra toe, no feathered legs...among other things. Looks like a mixed breed to me. A gorgeous one, though! :)

He looks a little similar to the gorgeous boy we have only more colorful... I can't post a pic just now but my guy was billed as a black maran pullet a few weeks old when aquired. When the hackles came out I knew better, he's not a pullet & he's no black maran either...
He's got white edged hackles, green tail, black legs & beak, no wattles but a beard & muttonchops instead & a funny little wrinkled up comb... he's crazy fast & loud &also gentle with the hens..we just took the 5(!!) Other roos to a farm to live they were being SO hard on the girls...but never him... i'll post a picture soon but id love to know what he's crossed(I assume) with...

Mine lacks the cream & goldfish color yours has but the hackles, tail & legs look very similar..

I have one just like yours but its cackle feathers are more yellowish. From my point of view he is son kind of faverolle, but what do I know I'm only thirteen but as long as I'm smarter than the average shoe lace I'm ok

Last edited:
This is my rooster. He was a gift from a friend a year or so ago because he was getting picked on. Since I just started here at BYC, I decided this would be a good question to ask. I'm somewhat novice when it comes to recognizing different types of breeds, colors, combs, etc. Anyone know off the top what he is? Also, I still haven't named him if anyone wants to toss out ideas.

I’ve been searching everywhere to try to figure out what kind of roster my Afro is! He looks JUST like this, just a little darker! We named him Afro because when he was just a chick his head grew feathers as if he had an Afro, he out grew it, but still. He’s the largest of my rosters.

Attachments

• DDD188D5-5C55-4E5C-B693-5CA7BBF6736A.jpeg
    DDD188D5-5C55-4E5C-B693-5CA7BBF6736A.jpeg
    530 KB · Views: 5
  • 8F341CFB-CD78-49A8-ADC2-DFEE16F26E06.jpeg
    8F341CFB-CD78-49A8-ADC2-DFEE16F26E06.jpeg
    686.9 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom