Large Fowl Cochin Thread

Looks to have saddle feathers.

I'm say cockerel as well. I have an 8 month old LF roo- actually 3

I don't get to post a lot of pictures here because I have never really had my flock put together, just single hens and roos. But I got really lucky this year and a lady sold her small flock of BBS to me last month. So I finally get to work on my Cochins. I am so excited! They are not split up into breeding pens yet and my two adult roos aren't in these pics but I just wanted to share anyway. So hopefully I will be having some white, BBS and Lemon Blue babies in the next year. Need a Gold Laced roo though. I have 3 tiny chicks so maybe one of them is a roo. I thought I was lucky with getting all pullets this past spring just to lose my roo this summer. Sometimes I wonder if someone is telling me to NOT work on this color!

Don't mind Gertie my LCO she is my baby and stays home with the Cochins! Too many chances of predators where all the other birds are!

Yes I was talking about yours
smile.png
Well thanks again! He and my hen were store bought from a hatchery, but ended up very nice somehow. I love them. I can pick them both up and cuddle them. My roo Blueberry is the calmest gentlest chicken I have.
Here is my hen Lavender at 6 months, she just hatched a brood, so she has three kids now. lol

And Blueberry hanging out with king of the coop Gus. No fights ever between these two.

Back
Top Bottom