Large Fowl Cochin Thread

Anyone interested in cochin or brahma hens I have for sale? I have one blue, one black, a silver laced, one buff and one light brahma. Also one white cock bird purchased directly from Jamie Matts.large fowl. All hens just turned one this month and the cock bird is one year and 4 months. Would make a great cochin starter flock for a breeder they are big beautiful gentle birds. Eve the cock is able to be picked up and carried with no issues. Watches his hens and is the nicest cock I've ever had. Pictures of him and the hens are in my profile just PM me if you'd like more. I just have to many Cochins a and would love for them to be enjoyed by someone else. Would like for them to go to a home where I can keep in contact with new owner. Him and these hens have hatched beautiful chicks for me. Hens are great broodys and mothers!! Price negotiable more want them to get excellent homes. Located in pa. Thank you guys!!

I'd take all the Cochins right now if you were closer. You're 3 1/2 hrs away from me. I'm in VA, near Charlottesville. Would love to have them. Been trying to expand my Cochin flock for over a year now.

I thought I'd post some pictures to share since there hasn't been a post here in awhile!

Here are some of my LF Black Cochin chicks from the most recent hatch:

This is my LF Mottled Cockerel:

Here is one of my LF Black Pullets:

I had a hen setting on 12 eggs and only 2 hatched. I have a second hen setting and even a third hen setting. I candled the eggs and it looks like the second hen might hatch out 4...not really sure yet. What can I do to increase fertility? These hens and the roo are all a year old. Just looking for some suggestions.

I had a hen setting on 12 eggs and only 2 hatched. I have a second hen setting and even a third hen setting. I candled the eggs and it looks like the second hen might hatch out 4...not really sure yet. What can I do to increase fertility? These hens and the roo are all a year old. Just looking for some suggestions.

Trim their booties!

I have a Bantam Buff Barred project going with beautiful chicks growing up from that. This is my first chick hatched from my LF Buff Barred Cochin project from a LF Barred rooster and LF Buff hen from Tom Roebuck. Can't wait to see how this chick and the others I have in the incubator grow up.

Back
Top Bottom