Large Fowl Cochin Thread

I have 2 "giant silver laced" cochins that hatched about 3 weeks ago. They both are identical as far as color, comb, feathering. Any guess on gender?

Hi everyone, I finally caved and got a couple of Cochin ( not bantam). Can anyone tell me what the colored one is? The one showing off her one feather! Thanks

I wanted to get your input if this is a male or female. It was hatched Feb 21 I think I know but wanted to see what other's think.

I knew it. My cousin tried to tell me I was nuts. It is supposed to be a pullet. I'm actually excited. I just love Cochins and would love some cute little chicks. I have black, buff and white pullets so that will work out just fine. I'm sure he will be crowing soon enough.

We lost a beautiful black Cochin rooster to a hawk we think. I was worried I wouldn't have any hatches from him but now we have 7 beautiful chicks (I think 3 are roosters!) I wanted to show off a couple baby pictures:
From our departed BJ rooster over a splash hen. I think they will all turn out to be lovely blues.

Back
Top Bottom