Large Fowl Cochin Thread

My black cockerel died yesterday so I contacted the breeder.
I'm thinking of getting a Black pullet, possibly a splash cock. I was hoping for a black cock and splash pullet but he doesn't have any splash pullets right now...

Which one do you guys like? The 2nd one is one of his breeders right now

Or should I wait a while get a black cockerel and black pullet and wait on the splash? Either way I am waiting over a month

Quote:
Ok, now I'm sad. I wanted those colors of LF cochins and have placed a order for them with Ideal, except for the blue/splash which they do not have up for sale yet. I would imagine my hatchery lf cochins will be no where near as nice as some on this thread.

Anyway, HI! new to lf cochins and awaiting my chicks on 3/1.
I have ordered 2 pullets of each gold laced, silver laced, partridge and barred.
1 barred roo and 1 partridge roo.

My other chickens are lf sultans. So I'm a sucker for feathered feet and fluffy butts :)

Ok, now I'm sad.  I wanted those colors of LF cochins and have placed a order for them with Ideal, except for the blue/splash which they do not have up for sale yet.  I would imagine my hatchery lf cochins will be no where near as nice as some on this thread.

Anyway, HI!  new to lf cochins and awaiting my chicks on 3/1. 
I have ordered 2 pullets of each gold laced, silver laced, partridge and barred. 
1 barred roo and 1 partridge roo.

My other chickens are lf sultans.  So I'm a sucker for feathered feet and fluffy butts  :)

Yay!! And you are correct the hatchery cochins are not nearly as fluffy as the breeder cochins. You can contact some breeders and ask if they have an culls.

Good morning!!

Looking for LF Cochins for sale. I would like a rooster and 4 - 6 hens. Also interested in some Brahmas. I live in NE Alabama. Hoping to find some within a reasonable driving distance.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Good morning!!

Looking for LF Cochins for sale.  I would like a rooster and 4 - 6 hens.  Also interested in some Brahmas.  I live in NE Alabama.  Hoping to find some within a reasonable driving distance.  

Thanks!!

are you looking for show quality?

No, not looking for show quality. I just love the look of the breed and would love to have a good looking, healthy rooster and 4 - 6 hens.

Back
Top Bottom