latest recall...tollhouse cookies

maplesky7

Flock Mistress
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
N. IL.
Thought I'd share the news.

I bought some yesterday and just found out today...could have easily eaten some yesterday and been part of the e. coli bunch. whew...that was close.

I just commented on Miss Jayne's cookie thread but figured maybe not "everyone" was reading about Miss Jayne's cookies.
th.gif
I know what a crime!

It's all her fault you know....the reason I bought tollhouse. I tried to take the easy way out. shame on me.

now a trip to the store I don't normally shop at to get my money back. sigh.

oh...so all cookies in the raw packages. Icecream with cookie dough is ok though...just the raw cookie dough.

e. coli is a bacteria? that wreaks havoc on your digestive system and can give you diarrhea and even bloody diarrhea which can lead to dehydration among other things and those like small children and the immune compromised can die from this.

sometimes beaches are closed because of this...it can be from run off of fields into the water...so um...poo poo.

Quote:
E.Coli is a serious food borne illness. Can kill you or cause permanent damage. Especially in the young. It probably got into the cookie dough in the factory. Dirty equipment or contaminated ingredients??? Thorough cooking will kill it, but we all love our tollhouse cookies gooey or raw(not cooked thoroughly) Thus the danger.

Imp

E. Coli = poop basically.

this is why everyone should make Dollhouse cookies instead! work with me people!

gross. let your inner farm girls and boys out. make 'em home made. and wash yer hands. a lot. a lot a lot. and then some.

In short, E. Coli is a bacteria found naturally in the intestines. The problem with E. Coli is that once is leaves the body and re enters via the mouth, it wreaks havoc on the body and can kill you. Somebody scratched or wiped their butt while at work and didn't wash their hands, so now everybody is at risk.

oh yeah, i forgot! when we were kids we used to joke about e. coli and pink eye. pink eye is basically e. coli in your eye! ack! poop in eye! that's why you get it a lot after swimming in public pools.
sickbyc.gif

yack attack.

It can also be spread thru raw fruits and veggies, raw milk or dairy products and meat. But still these have to come in contact with human or animal feces to have the E.Coli to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom