Lavender Orpington Thread

Pics
I got them at Angel's Rest Farm in Ormond Beach, FL. Some had dark beaks, some had 1/2 1/2, some were all dark. Cute noisy little birds, hope they grow up to be awesome!

Took the three-week old chicks out to forage today, they just couldn't handle it. They are so delicate, slow growing, and such bad foragers that I may trade for something else. They are barely bigger than hatch size. Most beautiful birds on the planet, but now my least favorite of the 10 kinds I have....
I bought eggs from e-bay and the lavenders are really bad. The feathers look like frizzles and they are not growing. I only have 3 left and they are 4 weeks and still have to have a light in there house. The splits I hatched at the same time are 4 times the size and doing great. The splits are from a different breeder. I have hatched more eggs from other breeders lavender eggs and so far they are growing good .

I bought eggs from e-bay and the lavenders are really bad. The feathers look like frizzles and they are not growing. I only have 3 left and they are 4 weeks and still have to have a light in there house. The splits I hatched at the same time are 4 times the size and doing great. The splits are from a different breeder. I have hatched more eggs from other breeders lavender eggs and so far they are growing good .
Thats strange.... Contact the person where you got them!

That's funny I just got a few this weekend too and they are way more noise than my BLRW funny,I thought maybe it was just them maybe not.
Haha! Mine were always very vocal!
lol.png

Okay, here are some pictures of the new chicks!

These are not the best pictures but that was because my camera was being a pain in the butt!

Back
Top Bottom