lavender silkies

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by 1Chick Magnet, Jan 20, 2009.

1. 1Chick Magnet

1Chick Magnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    New Hampshire
    does anyone have a photo of one. thinking of ordering lavender from ideal but there is no photo. do they look more like white or grey?

2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    They don't look white or gray. They look similar to a very light blue. You should be able to do a search on them. I think lilpeeps posted a pic of an awesome roo.

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I also thought about it but I think there might be a limit and I think 25 is too many for me...........

4. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Quote:Ideal doesn't have a 25-chick limit, just a $25 limit. I was able to order 10 bantam cochins in October. I love them for this reason.

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    oh, I guess I know what I'm doing soon [​IMG]

6. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I got some from Ideal, but the quality is pretty lame. They all have regular feathering on their wings.

7. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:I agree, the type on the birds isn't great, but it's the color that really matters. Most of the ones I had recieved ended up with nice shredded wings.

Here are some self blues I recieved from Ideal last year. The color is very good, I'm working on improving on the type.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's one not from Ideal, but I will be crossing him with their self blues.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The flash washed out his color in this pic

[​IMG]

8. playingchicken

playingchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2008
    Those are some pretty birds! Now I have another to add to the list of "I want..."[​IMG]

9. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I hatched some black Hattrick Silkies to cross with mine, hopefully that will help!

10. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    This is one of my roos from Ideal. His name is Grape.

[​IMG]

I gave one of my other lavender roos to a breeder. He is going to breed him with his lavender pullet, and I'll get some babies in exchange!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by