leave the feet alone!

Vaseline is petroleum jelly...it will kill the mites. Change all the bedding and dust the brooder well with DE or mite powder bought from the feed store. Then you can bring them back inside.

Mites do not affect humans but clean your room well and vacuum. You could spread the mite powder on the carpet (if you have it), let it sit a bit and then vacuum.

I know with reptiles when they get mites we would rub them with mineral oil and it would drown them out. If he's picking his feet til they bleed SOMETHING must be bugging him.. and if he has diarrhea it might be because he's stressed out... (unless he also has some intestinal parasites?)

where can i get vasline? and when you said change the bedding you meant his not mine,right? my mother is panicked that its getting into the wood and funriture,etc.
i dont think he has intenstinal parasites cause hes only been in the grass like 3times for lioke 45minutes tital. when i said he picked hsi feet and it started to bleed its healing now. do i have to do anything to him?

You can get vaseline at any pharmacy.. or even the supermarket or Walmart (in the pharmacy section!)
smile.png

Vasaline has been a staple in my medicine box for years! Its just suprising you haven't heard of it. You must be a young one! Generational differences here I guess.
big_smile.png

Quote:
haha yea i live in a wanna-be-city and i do not live on a farm and my parents have never owned chickens and someboyd dumped my angels on us this Easster so if hadn't been for yall i wouldn't know a thing!!! but yea i'm 16

it sounds like scaly-mites. if it is rub some patrolium jelly on his legs. i dont now about the diarea.
wink.png

hmm.png

Where do you live? It's warm enough in most places for your chickens to live outside. They would prefer it.

Do you have a safe place for them outside?

(I had a little laugh about not knowing what vaseline was, too!)
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom