Leaving chickens alone

camaro2016

Chirping
Jan 15, 2020
I'm going away for 4 days. I have 2 five year old chickens left. If I move the chickens into an enclosed area in the garage, with plenty of food and water and bedding, would this mess their behavior? I don't have anyone to watch them or make sure they are locked up at night. If they stay in the garage, I know they will be safe until we get home.

You don’t say if they will have any light ?
I think I would really try to keep them in the day/night routine but, to be honest, four days should be okay for them I would say. They won’t be very happy with their sudden discomfort but they will cope I would think.
And think how pleased they will be to see you return (with a little treat 😉)
Hugz

I'm going away for 4 days. I have 2 five year old chickens left. If I move the chickens into an enclosed area in the garage, with plenty of food and water and bedding, would this mess their behavior? I don't have anyone to watch them or make sure they are locked up at night. If they stay in the garage, I know they will be safe until we get home.
I thought I'd do it, only if a window is available. Good luck. 🐓❤️

You would think these 2 chickens are my children!! I really do love them...
I know you do! I can tell. I would assume they are like your best girl friends too. My 7 are. Love love love my hens! Love that you care so much for them. Look at the new hat I just picked up today!

Attachments

• IMG_7516.jpeg
    IMG_7516.jpeg
    345.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom