Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Oh how sweet a photo this is!!! XXXOOO that baby is precious!!! and your (mud hen) Leghorn is a good sized one, is it a rooster?
No ma’am I only have hens! My original 3 that were born in April of 2020 are huge! Especially their combs they all 3 have super floppy combs. Then I have one that was born in July of 2020 and she is not as big as my originals. I’m curious to see if she will get that way or maybe our originals were just big for some reason!

No ma’am I only have hens! My original 3 that were born in April of 2020 are huge! Especially their combs they all 3 have super floppy combs. Then I have one that was born in July of 2020 and she is not as big as my originals. I’m curious to see if she will get that way or maybe our originals were just big for some reason!
My first 6 from back in 2018 had super floppy combs. I still have one of that flock and she still lays eggs. She might skip a day now and then but holy cow she has been going
for 3 yr's

My first 6 from back in 2018 had super floppy combs. I still have one of that flock and she still lays eggs. She might skip a day now and then but holy cow she has been going
for 3 yr's
That’s amazing! I have read they sometimes will only lay 2 years or so because they are so high production but I’d love if they laid for 3! This past April was my first full year owning chickens and I can tell I’m going to have to expand my coop space because I won’t be able to cull when they stop laying! No way!

That’s amazing! I have read they sometimes will only lay 2 years or so because they are so high production but I’d love if they laid for 3! This past April was my first full year owning chickens and I can tell I’m going to have to expand my coop space because I won’t be able to cull when they stop laying! No way!
Yes, I think that is what happened to the other 3 that were left of the 6 last year. She is the only one left of the 6.
One got killed by a hawk Nov. 2018, one got sick 2019, and 3 last June and July just stopped eating.

And that is why my coop and run are like Fort Knox- Bob Cats, Mountain Lion, Coyotes, Hawks, Owls, Eagles......View attachment 2667825
I did have a Coopers Hawk get in ( I spent the last hour trying to find a pic of the run and the spot the hawk got in and I cant find it)
ANYWAY! it killed one of my first leghorn flock, there was 6 of them, then #5 died I dont know why, then I had 4 when I got 4 more current flock - one stopped eating and drinking, and I dont remember what happened to the other 2 but I still have one from the first flock she is 2--Hahahahaha sorry for the ramble Lolololololo
I hate hawks

Baby chicks are 4 days old
They are doing great,

On the first day/ 24 hours Wed., they got this
2183456.jpg
in their water and the Purina Non-Medicated starter. It dissolves easily and does not need grit. I do this to get their system going. I watch for poop, to make sure everyone is pooping, keep an eye on their hiney for poo build up.

The chicks are 4 days old. Yesterday they got Scratch & Peck Starter feed and some grit.
IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom