Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

Grandmas Coop

Crossing the Road
9 Years
Mar 8, 2014
Week One- in the house 5/31/18 DSCN1862.JPG

Week Two-- They have the whole coop to themselves DSCN1877 (2).JPG at 2 1/2 weeks I stopped using the heat lamp, it was warm enough at night with the coop windows & doors clased
DSCN1889.JPG They loved running around the run

At the end of week 2 they figured out the "porch sitt'n roost branch" All they chickens I have ever had loved to sit in the evening until it was just about dark DSCN1912.JPG

Now they are 3 weeks old, sleep on the lowered roost, no heat lamp, just living the Chicken Dream Life:love:love:love:love:love:love

Mine are super active. You can walk up to a group of them seemingly peacefully enjoying a pile of scratch grain then BOOM! An explosion of white feathers scattering all directions screaming bloody murder leaving you choking in a mushroom cloud of dust, debris, and millet while a glassy eyed buff Orpington stares up at you wondering what the heck just happened. Very active.

I've had pearle whites from McMurray for several years and have hatched a batch or two. Love the way you can distinguish the Roos so early. The hens lay huge eggs consistently. Great foragers, not interested in human contact, have a spaz attack if you reach under them while on the nest and run off in a tizzy but otherwise great birds. The roosters (mine) are very assertive almost to the point of annoyance and have at times shown human aggression. All in all though, they are a winner I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom