Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCN1862.JPG
Well these girls in the tote, are 2 years old now, I am going to get all of my baby chick stuff out and get it ready for the :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy:jumpybabies

@BY Bob OH this was fun! So, first I propped up the brooder cage so the chicks could run in and out, then monitored how the older hens interacted with them -
IMG_1156.JPG

Then inched the cage closer and closer to the door and ....took the cage away....put the food in the coop and set the water right at the door..... And
IMG_1158.JPG

then -

IMG_1159.JPG

Gave them a ramp and once one went in, they all went in. While they ran in and out I set up the cage in the coop with one end propped up - set their water in and herded them into the cage.
IMG_1161.JPG

Then set them up a root and let them get a drink and then....
IMG_1160.JPG

They jumped on and off the roost, I herded them to the open corner and they went out of the cage and back in & out & in.

And that is my 2 week old baby chick class for today

@BY Bob OH this was fun! So, first I propped up the brooder cage so the chicks could run in and out, then monitored how the older hens interacted with them -
View attachment 2185686

Then inched the cage closer and closer to the door and ....took the cage away....put the food in the coop and set the water right at the door..... And View attachment 2185687
then -

View attachment 2185691

Gave them a ramp and once one went in, they all went in. While they ran in and out I set up the cage in the coop with one end propped up - set their water in and herded them into the cage.
View attachment 2185704

Then set them up a root and let them get a drink and then....
View attachment 2185716

They jumped on and off the roost, I herded them to the open corner and they went out of the cage and back in & out & in.

And that is my 2 week old baby chick class for today
So this is totally adorable, but also fantastic for me because I need to start that process and was just trying to figure out how - and you just showed me. So it was chick class for RoyalChick too. Thank you!

So this is totally adorable, but also fantastic for me because I need to start that process and was just trying to figure out how - and you just showed me. So it was chick class for RoyalChick too. Thank you!
I was wondering. Where are the newbies living right now?

Mine are super active. You can walk up to a group of them seemingly peacefully enjoying a pile of scratch grain then BOOM! An explosion of white feathers scattering all directions screaming bloody murder leaving you choking in a mushroom cloud of dust, debris, and millet while a glassy eyed buff Orpington stares up at you wondering what the heck just happened. Very active.

I have 2 roosters. The leghorn is everywhere. He is always chasing the girls and in the excitement the other rooster, a silver lace kinda gets there to late and them looks around quite confused as to what just happened. He makes me laugh. If it comes to the point and I have to choose roosters I would probably choose the silver lace because he can't get to some areas the girls can and there is no escaping the leghorn...

They are doing just what mine love to do, staring at what's on the OTHER side of the fence. I've got at least one that's not afraid to use her wings to go on adventures.
DSCN1860.JPG Its Their protector Max- He was on the otherside

DSCN0422.JPG He Loves the chickens, but one of the Buff Orphington chickens pecked him on the head 2 years ago,,, and now,,, he kind of acts afraid of them, like "No dont make me kiss them they bite" but he goes in the coop and walks around,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom